Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Trying Time

tried
tries
will try...
at the end of the day
i want to look back
and know that i tried my best...
it takes such courage to try~
even when there doesn't seem to be
a shred of hope
at all...
trying is at least an action-
a moving forward-
doing something
rather than nothing at all-
even if the results desired
are not yielded
and there is hurt -
i tried to do
something about it~
there is learning
and growing
in this trying time as well
even though it may not be noticed
for awhile
and there is change-
maybe not a big one
but change nonetheless...
i will try-
because not to try
is to admit to defeat,
to fail,
to give up hope
and to just give up...
and the worst thing
would be to
keep wondering
what could have been
if i had not tried~
past
present
future...
OSI's prompt this week is "try." Please TRY and stop over there for a visit to see what the other poets have been up to with this prompt. Have a wonderful week!

19 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Liked this. Keep writing..

bring on the cawing

Laura said...

well said. It inspires me to try something today...instead of just whiling away the time!!! Love you~

Jeeves said...

Lovely....Love the blog format

Amity said...

true, what's best, at least we tried and have known the result...:)

sounds too good Patti!

you've made a new template this time...but i still love that creative cottage dreamer you've had...:)

anthonynorth said...

Yes, trying is so vitally important.
Great words.

Ramesh Sood said...

Indeed Patti..this is beautifully written..loved it..and thanks!

Harshad Mehta said...

Yes it is better to try, always.
Well written.

Joanne said...

Very nice thoughts. There are so many ways this can be applied to life ... in relationships, in efforts to live the way we choose, in trying to accomplish a goal. Thanks for the Sunday inspiration :)

JP/deborah said...

well said, Patti! Keep the hope and keep trying :)

peace,
JP/deborah

SandyCarlson said...

I feel this one. And I can relate. And it would be so cool to not try, to just sit back and let the world come.... Such a good poem.

teresa said...

Patti ~ another great post ~ you always inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Try, today as well, my dear, the people around you will appreciate it and appreciate you, I'm sure. You have thoughts for everyone. Have a good day LOVE Roberta (added to favourite site so can't miss it from now on)

Nanka said...

Success comes only after trying... and trying is moving forward towards the goal indeed. Great words in the poem!!

Jenny said...

Hi Patti! So excited I've been paired with you! Just been having a look at your blog & realise that in comparison mine really doesn't say a lot about me other than what I craft so we'll have to exchange some info by email. Looking forward to getting to know you. jenny. ps this poem is beautiful & really struck a chord with me today, so THANK YOU.

Geraldine said...

I like this a lot Patti, so true. and I LOVE your new look/header.

Hugs to you, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com
www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

gabrielle said...

Trying is so much better than wondering what "if". an inspiring message well penned

Jim said...

I like this, Patti! It is so nice and you covered the possibilities well.
I'm with Tami, 'keep writing.'

My favorite part is the final 'verse,' not trying and ...?

Favorite lines,
"and to just give up...
and the worst thing
would be to
keep wondering
what could have been
if i had not tried~
"
..
I'm not in OSI this week, things have caught up with me. I still do my other blog. FB once in a while.
..

Jim said...

I like this, Patti! It is so nice and you covered the possibilities well.
I'm with Tami, 'keep writing.'

My favorite part is the final 'verse,' not trying and ...?

Favorite lines,
"and to just give up...
and the worst thing
would be to
keep wondering
what could have been
if i had not tried~
"
..
I'm not in OSI this week, things have caught up with me. I still do my other blog. FB once in a while.
..

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

very fine tuned piece.
keep these coming.