Saturday, October 30, 2010

OSI- Fancy

The prompt this week at OSI is "fancy" Please visit the site and check out the other authors' interpretations.

it's just a passing fancy
or a little whim...
those words sound so benign
yet-
a mark is left~
lives are changed~
ripples are created
where there were none before~
with effects...
for better or for worse
that may not be realized
for quite some time-
until we can stand apart
and see
just how powerful
those little fancies and whims
really are

How ever you spend it, I hope YOUR Halloween is filled with TREATS! Have a wonderful week and as always, your comments are very much appreciated!!

22 comments:

Rita said...

Thank you for your sweet thoughts... "I hope YOUR Halloween is filled with TREATS!" I hope yours is too!

Ramesh Sood said...

Thank you Patty ... a lovely poem..

JP/deborah said...

lovely take on "Fancy" ... and I adore the retro Halloween greetings you posted too!

Jeeves said...

Lovely one

Harshad Mehta said...

Yes whims & fancies leave their marks.

Thanks for your wishes.

eyeography said...

What a beaut...

Teresa said...

Hope you have a wonderful Halloween also! Great poem.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Hope your day was Spook-tacular Patti!

I'm wishing I had a touch of Fall down here. Envious of the lovely fall colors and the thought of actually wearing a sweater! Miss the change of seasons big time this year. Wednesday's high is 90. November is holding on a bit too long to our late summer temps!

Denise

Relyn Lawson said...

I hope your weekend was wonderful. I want you to know, I have had your blog on all day long just groovin' to your music.

mlu said...

You do have the best play list, Patti! Also, I loved the photos from Palos Park!

"Fancy" was incredibly fanciful!!!!

The Write Girl said...

Words certainly do leave a ripple effect for good or bad. Lovely poem. Hope you had a lovely Halloween.

beth said...

we hardly any trick or treaters....well maybe 50, but gosh, nobody said thank you except for maybe 5 of them....what's up with that ?

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Lovely poetry and images. Great poem.

Melanie

eyeography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eyeography said...

Thanks for the visit Patti...
sorry...the previous comment was deleted by mistake...

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Truer words were never written. I like the way you intertwined halloween with your poem. I hope you had fun this holiday.

Relyn Lawson said...

Hey, did I tell you how much I love that one of your answers was poet?

Wysteria said...

Loved this poem!! SO light and flows so nicely.

Wysteria

Shail Raghuvanshi said...

Nice poem Patti. Keep it going strong...

gabrielle said...

fancy's impression cannot be underestimated.
love the retro greetings!

Amity said...

What an interesting poem Patti!
Your thoughts like mine..:-)

Tammie Lee said...

I love that you share how powerful little things can be. Lovely poem.