Monday, October 25, 2010

Grace


The prompt this week at OSI is "Grace"- one of my favorite words. I sure could have used a huge dose of it today and should memorize what I wrote to recite to myself when I am feeling
a) emotional and/or b) frazzled and frustrated. Here are my interpretations for the prompt.

Grace is letting go
and trusting the Universe
to work things out
Graciously
Realizing and accepting that
All things are unfolding
Carefully and
Exactly the way they are meant to according to plan












These pictures were taken within a mile of my school, which is set amidst the Cook County forest preserves. I went out on my lunch time recently and just drove around taking pics of the stunning trees and scenery. I just can't get enough of this season!


18 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful writing. Beautiful photographs. Beautiful you.

Joanne said...

I love your verse. Sometimes it doesn't feel like a plan, but when we look back on things, we can see how it is.

The Write Girl said...

What purpose and hope in your words. I find them quite inspiring. Love the photos as well. Lovely acrostic and poetry.

Amity said...

Me too Patti, can't get enough of your photos...i am green with envy, why? i wish i am around there and i could happily play with my miniature Sony Digicam in such a beautiful place!...:-)
Your words are inspiring too!

Unknown said...

Autumn is my favorite time...my goodness I can't get enough of the brilliant maples

brilliant writing

Rita said...

I too feel like I just can't get enough of this season! I loved your photos and the beautiful words that you penned!

Anonymous said...

Patti,
You are one of the most "grace"ful people I know.
Linda C.

Ramesh Sood said...

Isn't it so beautiful Patti.. what a lovely take on prompt.. very graceful..Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Patti, love the first pic .....

You know how much I love trees.

Did you see the moon last night?

Have a great day at school......

angie

Tammie Lee said...

grace and trust are dear friends here. Lovely, as are your photos!

Relyn Lawson said...

Patti! I swear you are getting better and better with that picture. I LOVE it!

SandyCarlson said...

Your photos and your words are amazing. These reminders I need. So beautiful.

ms pie said...

ohhh that is a wonderful acrostic... and those photos!!!... love autumn... but oh so cold.... burrrr.... born again

Keke said...

Oh Patti, your making me so homesick...love the pics and Grace is one of my favorite words too!!!
Your verse is so true, I too think I need to write it down to remind myself, maybe on the back of my hand!!! LOL XOXO Keke

gabrielle said...

Autumn, the season of returning. Lovely verse and photos.

Sandra.if said...

wonderfulwords and pics Patti....I agree!

Geraldine said...

A perfect interpretation of this beautiful prompt. Wonderful work!!!

Hugs, G

www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

eyeography said...

Beautiful pics...
Lovely haiku and the acrostic is awesome... :)