Monday, October 11, 2010

Lonely?

locked up and lonely
the forgotten ancient ones
are night-time playmates




"Lonely" is the prompt at OSI this week. The 2 pictures are from the cemetery in my neighborhood. There is the regular cemetery and then in the back- all locked up tight and lonely looking- is a real old one. Of course I am always drawn to that one. I "played" around with the pictures using Photoshop- which I feel is one of the hardest programs out there. It was hard to tell the difference between the "before and after" shots even after all the layers and filters. Oh well... Have a great week!

17 comments:

Rita said...

Old cemetaries are so interesting as are the sayings on some of them. A cemetary is a very lonely place. When I visit my mother's grave, it seems so lonely. She's not there, she's with the Lord!

Joanne said...

There's something almost artistic about old cemeteries. Why is the old one locked up? Is it a private, family cemetery?

CathyR said...

I love your pictures! I am drawn to cemeteries, too. I like to imagine all the lives that have gone before us; what they were like and how the world was when they were here.

The Write Girl said...

You did a nice job with the photos and the prompt as well. I certainly feel a bit of the spooky. Perfect for this time of year!!

Reflections said...

Love the artistic note of an old cemetary, some leaving one feeling at peace, others stir a quite lonely feeling, don't they.

Polka Dot Moon said...

I think I've watched way too many 80's scary movies and am a bit scared of cemeteries! You take fabulous pictures and your words are alway perfect!

Hope you are enjoying Fall :)
Denise

(still watch too many scary movies.....watching "The Crazies" by myself. Hubby will have nothing to do with it!)

Sherri B. said...

I love the idea that they are "night-time playmates"...wonderful poem! The photos added so much to your words.

Geraldine said...

Strange but true, I actually enjoy walking around in old cemetaries. Reading the words on tombstones. Lives left to remember in only a few words. Or not remembered at all. Great post Patti, nice work with a rather sad prompt. No one wants to be lonely, do they?

Hugs, G

www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

Jim said...

Wonderful little haiku/senyru, Patti. That is just a delightful take, having those forgotten ones of old all playing in their cemetery.
..
Oh yes, the blog vs. work, etc, all caught up with me. I am skimping on things this week and probably next.
..

Harshad Mehta said...

Wonderful take on the prompt & a haiku. Pictures give that 'lonely' feel.

Sandra.if said...

I like the way you imagine that!

SandyCarlson said...

They are. This has me thinking of those forgotten ones who come out to play at night, sometimes when I am not expecting, and am therefore not prepared for, them. Great images in word and picture.

Jeeves said...

Lovely pictures and poem...Its as though cemeteries vibrate with stocked up stories.

Anonymous said...

great pics Patti,

You know I love me some cemeteries.

actually in my crazy world I find cemeteries to be such beautiful and peaceful places....

a wonderful place to finally rest.

also the Naperville Settlement thing next week that is the only thing I know about close by...

have fun this month

have a great weekend

angie

gabrielle said...

I love old cemeteries, overgrown and poetic. This one has a secret garden feel to it.

Wonderful how loneliness is posed as a question. Great write!

Relyn Lawson said...

I adore your tanka. And your pictures! But, mostly, I love the thought of you enjoying the cottage all on your own.

OK - I just noticed that I am putting this on the wrong post. Oh well.

Relyn Lawson said...

Some of my favorite places are cemeteries. Have I told you that yet?