Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving



"Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life... a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year - and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God." ~Ray Stannard Baker (David Grayson)

My wish for you this Thanksgiving is that you have some time to reflect on the gratitude and abundance that surrounds you in your life and to remember that in all the days that follow. There's just so much goodness in the world and really so much to be thankful for!
On a personal note- I am so very thankful for all the wonderful people I have met through my blog and consider each of you a blessing in my life! My life is enriched by you being a part of it!
However you celebrate this holiday I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds." ~Theodore Roosevelt




14 comments:

beth said...

wishing you a fabulous thanksgiving with your family and friends.....

Ranae said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rebecca said...

This is such an inspiring post, thank you and many blessings to you this Thanksgiving season
Rebecca

SandyCarlson said...

Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

I am grateful to you for you and all you bring my world. God bless.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, I love that first image. I wish you a wonderful holiday, too.

Rita said...

We have been given so many blessings! Hope you and yours have a wonderful day tomorrwo! I love the postcard at the top!

JUST ME said...

Patti,

have a wonderfully blessed day tomorrow with your family and friends....

love,

Angie

Laura said...

Wonderful post! I agree with everything. Hey, that top postcard is a gem!!!!!!

See you Friday!!

Laura said...

Wonderful post! I agree with everything. Hey, that top postcard is a gem!!!!!!

See you Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Love your post. Hope you had a wonderful day.
Linda C.

Keke said...

Patti,

I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with love and abundance and blessings beyond your wildest dreams for you and your loved ones... Just wanted to stop by and tell you that I counted you as one of my blessings today. XOXO Keke

Jon Lee said...

Hello Patti. I miss seeing you too. I hope your Thanksgiving was the best. Let me know when you're going to be at Inspired Needle next. I will try to show up. It's so difficult in the middle of the week. When it's cold, it's even worse.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving,
You rock.
Blessings fly your way.



awards/treats 4 u

Anonymous said...

http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-nature-plants-creatures.html

Dear poet, welcome join Jingle Poetry Potluck…
First time participants can link in old poems, or poems unrelated to our theme…
We value your contribution and cherish your talent!
Hope to see you soon,
xxx