Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A New Friend and a lot of Fabulosity

I came home from school recently to a box marked "Royal Mail!" That just doesn't happen everyday!!! ALL this fabulosity started when I joined Relyn's Autumn swap a few weeks ago. ("Fabulosity" is a word my friend Laura uses to describe fabulous, wonderful things). Relyn matched us up with partners who we got to know over a 2 week period. The premise of the swap was to send a book, something hand-made, and something autumn related. Getting to know Jenny was fun and we found out we had a lot in common from crafting (card maker, paper crafter and jewelry maker) to career choices ( education related). I loved putting her box of swap items together almost as much as I loved opening up her box of Fabulosity for me! Jenny encompasses this word, so hop across the pond and pay her a visit and see what I am talking about! You can visit her here! THANK YOU SO MUCH JENNY!!!!!



Look at all the cute and creatively wrapped gifts





Autumn and Halloween cross stitch charts from an old cross stitch book....Whoo hoo!



All kinds of wonderful goodies....


Jenny's Grandmother's cookie recipe and a beautiful hand-made fall necklace with a lovely autumn memory written by Jenny on the tag


BOOKS! One for leisure, one to journal in, and a cookbook




Jenny also made me the beautiful sparkly scarf and the cute card as well as sending all kinds of embellishments for cards and crafts and beads for a necklace



A beautiful hand-made card and bag -above- filled with Halloween chocolate candies


15 comments:

Joanne said...

What a thoughtful gift to come home to! All the items are so pretty, and beautifully wrappted too. It must feel a little like Christmas in November :)

Laura said...

Wow~ Beautiful stuff! That must have been really great opening that royal mail!!!

I love, love, love your banner picture!!!

Rita said...

Wow! Did you have fun opening all those lovely, wonderful surprises? What a great way to come home and find such a good treat awaiting you. It's always so special when we get handmade gifts, knowing that someone has taken their time to make something terrific for you! Have fun enjoying it all!

Karin said...

What a wonderful Royal Mail package...look at those beautifully wrapped packages!! The gifts are so pretty!!

eyeography said...

Beautiful royal package... :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Is Envy a prompt some time.. I felt it for a second.. but then let it go.. couldn't help with such beauty scattered..

Relyn Lawson said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! I knew you were a great pairing. I'm so excited that you had a great time. What a wonderful, amazing, fantastic package. WOW!!! I really am loving that necklace, too.

Jenny said...

It was an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE, Patti! I too loved finding all the gifts for you as much as receiving my package. I photographed my wonderful gifts too & fully intend to post about it soon. And I'm loving my new word...Fabulousity! lol What a gift to be described as such. HUGS.

mlu said...

You are one lucky girl!!! ( and yes...this is one one the l o n g e s t weeks thus far this school year!

beth said...

wow...what a gift box !

SandyCarlson said...

How totally awesome is that! What a gift. You deserve it.

JUST ME said...

Nice - look at all the wonderful stuff you got..... good for you Patti you deserve it....

angie

Amity said...

Oh Patti, that's fabulous, fantastic and a great 'loot'...ha ha ha...I AM GREEN WITH ENVY...lols...:-)

I wish I could do it also or be a happy recipient like you... :-)

Anonymous said...

pleasant present kit.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our potluck week 10, a poetry award is assigned upon submission.
Old poems are welcome …hurry up, you have 1o hours to go before we are closed.
Hope to see you there. Cheers!
http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-moods-feelings-and.html


I signed in to follow your blog,
welcome following us back.