If I were a book....
My cover
would be eye catching-
decorated
with colorful words,
fabric and lace
and vintage images...
My binding
would be
tough,
but well- worn
and well- read
lasting the test of time...
(starting to fray maybe just a little)
My pages~
like the years-
melded together -
woven
with special memories
and experiences...
snapshots
of the people
and places and times
that make my life my own
filled with
the poetry of my life.
There would be pockets
and little niches
that would house
the special tokens
of my life
important icons
important to only me.
Hopefully this book
would be handed down
from generation to generation
and read often
These pictures are repeats (sorry) of a book that my dad made for me many years ago with verses, poetry, and flowers from special places. It is one of my favorite treasures and thought it fit perfectly with this poem.
17 comments:
Hi Patti ~~ I like your poem. Your book sounds very nice. I especially like the pockets. They would be full by now with the little things I have lost because there was no permanent place to put them.
I would use your cover as it sounds so nice. I am not artistic.
Then the pages I would love to write. Some things I would hide away.
..
Thank you for the nice prompt. It is a fun one to me (I used cards).
I wrote another first but it was too dark after last week's. I may hide it away someplace, in a blog pocket where only I can find it. Or someone could stumble on it by chance.
..
What a wonderful prompt and poem! I love the book photo too, just perfect. Well done Patti.
www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com
This is lovely...
a very sweet poem and very nice use of the prompt...
I will pray for this book to be passed from generations to generations.. :)
Yes, the book would be beautiful..for its soul carries the beauty..generations will like it.. for sure.. a very unique take on your own prompt.. I have placed both a longer poem as well as a Haiku.. hope you find me having done the justice.. thanks for constantly inspiring..
Hi Patti,
Your poem is beautiful and so touching in a sense that if only all of us have that kind of book or diary which we have kept, well it will remind us of those good old days, the memories etched and how it had survived the wear and tear moments of its existence...:-)
Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem my dear... :-) And thanks for this interesting prompt. Mine is here posted in my other blog: http://all-acrostics.blogspot.com/
while i am hosting my blogoversary party in my main blog...pls drop by Patti!! :-)
Patti, it is fine to use the pictures again. Some of us did not see them the first time and since it is so special to you that makes it fine too. How great that you dad did such a thing for you. I enjoyed seeing it.
Goodness and love and light...that is what hit me when I read this post. What a wonderful gift from your Dad. It is so special. Your words are just right too (as always!).
This is so lovely Patti, both the journal and the poem! Thanksgiving blessings to your dear!
Hi Patti...Thanks so much for the inspiration this week. I love the metaphor of a vintage book. The pictures are also a nice touch. This looked like a sweet and very heartfelt gift. Beautiful post!
Patti, this is a lovely book of memory. Your poem is so fitting! Thank you for sharing...
if im a book, my cover, would be a tease...my pages would be a flirt, because it woudl always want to communicate and invite an audience :)
intimate, romantic, lovely!
Really lovely poem. You make me think of some of the beautiful blank books I have come across as invitations to tell the story and of the altered books I have seen that show we are all parts of a story, as layers--even layers of pain that make a work of art.
A very Lovely poem Patti.
Wow...loved the poem, it sounded more like you than a book, which made it so profound... your dad had to be some one very special to have given you such a treasure! Double standard I know, but mom's are sort of expected to do this kind of thing, but for a dad... I just think it makes it that much more special. Lucky, lucky you...I'm working on something similar for my kids, I can't believe how time consuming their memory books are... After reading your post I think I should ask AH to do at least a few pages...I was hoping to finish for Christmas, but it looks like it may be Christmas 2020! LOL....blessings dear friend, I hope your better than well!
XO Keke
Edit required.... ugh dah...that's what I get for flying tired... What I meant to say in the first sentence of the last post was...
(why don't I re-read before I hit publish?)
"It sounds like you already...you are that book which makes your poem so profound.... "
(you'd be on the NY Times best seller list if you were a book though!) wink.wink. blah!!! Happy Holidays from one tired elf!
Edit required.... ugh dah...that's what I get for flying tired... What I meant to say in the first sentence of the last post was...
(why don't I re-read before I hit publish?)
"It sounds like you already...you are that book which makes your poem so profound.... "
(you'd be on the NY Times best seller list if you were a book though!) wink.wink. blah!!! Happy Holidays from one tired elf!
Post a Comment