Yes- Age is just a number- and usually a very overrated one at that- as spoken by someone who celebrated a Milestone Birthday last Friday. I am a firm believer in dragging out Birthday Celebrations to their fullest and celebrating Birthday Week as well as Birthday Month if I can! My Birthday Month started on March 1 at my favorite Home Away From Home- Inspired Needle in Lemont. 2 Tuesdays a month is Stitch Night and this is a time for a group of us to get together, often for dinner beforehand, and then spend the evening stitching and talking and laughing. The women involved have become very special to me, so it was a major surprise when they had a cake and presents. Their present turned out to be a beautiful circular box that had a design on it that they had ALL stitched on and left their initials on as well. It is such a special piece- one that I will treasure forever- as well as their friendship. (Laura blogged about my birthday before I did- here is her post)

Birthday Week started with a few days of some yummy lunches out and in at school. My team celebrated my birthday and my teammate Laurie's birthday with a delicious homemade ice cream cake and presents. Last Wed. a group of my friends and I all went to see Bon Jovi at the United Center in Chicago!! I had never seen him before and I can't wait to see him again! He sang for almost 3 hours straight- it was amazing! ( Another friend was at the show down in front (row 6) and so these pics were taken by her). Great friends- great band- great musician- great show- GREAT NIGHT!






Friday- Birthday Day was great- I had a sub for some meetings (best gift ever) and after school some friends took me out - great way to end the work week and the day!
Mike told me I needed to be home around 6:30 because we were planning to go out with some friends that night. It turned out he had planned a surprise party for me that was held at a friend's house! They did an awesome job keeping it from me and I was truly surprised- good job Mike! Lots of friends, kids, food... It was a great time!!!



Finally, Sunday, I got together with my best college girlfriends and we met up in Schaumberg for lunch and celebrating. All in all, as much as I dreaded this birthday, it did turn out to be a very fun one- and hey- the month still has 2 more weeks in it to go and a couple more get togethers planned!!!
14 comments:
I am with you! Celebrate life! Beautiful post.
Sounds like it was a great birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate, with friends and family! Happy Happy Birthday, Patti!
Patti,
I am so happy that you had such a wonderful milestone birthday!!!!! You are such a good friend to so many; that is so obvious!
love you
laura
wow....you really know how to celebrate !!!
and oh, that jon....he's pretty much yummy !
Wow, I love the way you're "owning" this birthday ... the parties, the get-togethers, the concert! I'll bet it was an amazing show ... what a perfect way to celebrate, to be a part of that live music :)
Happy Birthday, rock on (all month!)
It looks like you had one fabulous Birthday.
What a sweet gift from the stitchy ladies
I am so glad I was part of your celebration ~ you are such a sweet girl, Patti
Your birthday looks like it was wonderful! I am glad you enjoyed it so much. And isn't John Bon Jovi hot, hot, hot ;-).
Patti,
looks like you had a nice time and happy b-day.... a few ladies that are oh so in love with Mr. Jovi were there as well.
wishing you many more birthdays to come...
angie
Awe Patti, so good to see you so happy...Happy Birthday! Just wanted to let you know I mailed your Big I Love You today...sorry it took me so long, been a little more than under the weather but things are on an up swing now!! You will be getting the give away in two parts...The stuff that Olivia and Mitzi donated will be coming directly from them..I hope you like it all...my pkg will hopefully get to you early next week? Happy Sweetest Birthday...oh and Bon Jovi? I want to spend my birthday like that!!! That's HOT!!!! XO Keke
Happy Belated Birthday Patti! Eye candy indeedy...sounds like you had a great time. I celebrate a birth month too (in April) what a great idea.
Hugs my dear and may you have many, many more happy birthdays to come, G
www.takeahappybreak.com
www.myreallifereviews.com
Happy, happy birthday! What a wonderful celebration you had. Bon Jovi??? I am SO jealous.
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Awesome pics of JBJ...wish I could have gone to see them this year!
I feel so late in wishing you Happy Birthday ~ it certainly looks like you have a lot of people who love you and I can certainly understand why. You are a great gal and friend and I am glad you are being blessed.
XO ~ Katie
Post a Comment