Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sarcasm

To You:

I really must commend you
on a job well done!
Did you realize
what effects your actions
would have?
Did you ever even care
about someone other than yourself?
You have to live with
your decisions and actions~
I don't get it-
I always thought
I meant something to you;
that I mattered
(you mattered to me)~
I thought
you were being honest with me;
I was always myself-
authentic and real-
But you chose this path
to follow
and unfortunately
I was dragged along
unwittingly
unwillingly...
I hope you are happy-
you did a GREAT job messing up my life!!

From :
Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring in Illinois
great attempt at sarcasm
by Mother Nature

The prompt this week at OSI is "sarcasm" which I always seem to have way too much of! Speaking of sarcasm- I am on Spring Break, which of course means lousy weather...It was beautiful today and yesterday but by the middle of the week it is supposed to be 39 degrees. Lovely. Typical Illinois spring...

Hope you have a wonderful week!!!

9 comments:

Laura said...

First poem...I get it...I understand it.....it is simply a horrific situation.

The haiku is brilliant, as always!!!!!!

love you
hope to see you tomorrow!

Joanne said...

I enjoyed your verse on the tragedy, very well done. Mother Nature showed no mercy, did she?

Enjoy your Spring break!

beth said...

our spring just got a bit sucky, too....

Rita said...

I love your new header! Wonderful reminder of Spring!

PremI said...

sad...
it happens but....
wish not..

Jim said...

Mother nature is
an expert on sarcasm
small dab'll do yah

Patti, spring in Texas is my favorite time of living. It is a very good reason to live in Texas.

Happy Birthday Again! I am glad you can celebrate your birthday all month long--reminds me of the "All Night Long" song that wasn't sung by Bon Jovi. His, along with others--AC/DC, Van Halen, etc.--was "SHE SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG." Did he sing this at the concert?
..

ms pie said...

ahhh those lessons we learn along the way... as if you were unraveling the times together... reflection is a good to erase a bad... isn't that the way it goes for a vacation...you too have a wonderful week

Relyn Lawson said...

Mother Nature is a fickle woman, isn't she?

JUST ME said...

Patti,

have a wonderful day today looks like the sun is out... I am on my way to spend some quality time with my boys.... the orchid house is called Hauserman I believe in Lombard and it's off of North Avenue and Addison... A must to go check out...... Peace to you and happy SPPPRRRINNNNNGGGG...

Angie