Monday, March 14, 2011

Passion's Flower

there's a hole
in my heart
waiting to be filled
with something new to grow~
once upon a time
a flower was planted "there"
with hopes and dreams
and memories...
it started to grow...
then
withered and died-
taking part of me with it...
the remnants are still there-
a twisted vine with thorns
and every so often
i wince
when i remember
how tenderly
and passionately
it was cared for
(and hoped for)
and how it started to flower~
only
never coming
into full bloom.



This week's prompt at One Single Impression is "passionate" Please check out others' interpretations of this prompt. Thank you all so very much for the kind thoughts about my brother-in-law's recent health challenges- it is all so very much appreciated! He started chemo and radiation this past week...

Today on 3-14- it is "Pi day" at school (celebrating Pi- aka 3.14) as well as over at OSI. We were challenged to write a Pi-Ku with 3 syllables, 1 syllable, and 4 syllables. Since math was NEVER my forte and it (and I) tend to go around in circles with it- here is MY attempt:

circular-

math

doesn't make sense

18 comments:

Harshad Mehta said...

Patti, poem is touching.

Joanne said...

Patti, you must still be going around in circles with math ... your last line has 5 syllables :)

Geraldine said...

I hope that all is well and in bloom again soon. I LOVE your new header photo, so beautiful and cheerful.

Hugs, G

www.takeahappybreak.com

spiritsoflena said...

I really enjoyed your Pi-Ku!

Anonymous said...

Your pi-ku is so funny. Love the 'passionate' poem also.

Joanne said...

Just stopping by to check out your revised Pi-Ku ;)

Happy Pi-Day!

Polka Dot Moon said...

I'm jealous of that beautiful header!

All is new again in Spring! Wishing you a colorful, bright, fragrant season to fill any holes :)

Denise

The Write Girl said...

Passion's Flower is such a stunning piece. Your pi-ku is so funny. Loved both pieces.

Amity said...

very touching, i love how figuratively you expressed it well...:)

the heart is really a very sensitive part, once hurt, it heals so slowly, even with tender care! well done Patti...i missed you so much...and thanks for the prayers too!

love you Patti, hugssssss

Shail said...

Ohh I love this.

Rita said...

Patti, I love your new header! It is so "Springy"! You have a wonderful week.

Jim said...

Hi Patti ~~ I came for a piece of pi.

I like your passionate poem,
your pi-ku (with fixed last line),
and I like your new header.
I like you. :)

Almost as good as roses are red, huh?

If I'd thought of the passion flower I might have posted this week. That is a neat allegory and you carried the theme through very nicely.

I watched the last episode of the Bachelor last night, then the sequal. Your poem fit that situation to a T.
..
BTW, my wedding ring has a band of flowers around it. We were married towards the end of the flower generation years.
..

Anonymous said...

so touching...enjoy this!

Tammie Lee said...

a vulnerable piece, thank you.

anthonynorth said...

Aspirations unachieved. It can be a testing thing.
Great words.

Geraldine said...

PS: Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. Wishing you a very lucky day! G

www.takeahappybreak.com

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and love the pi-ku also.

Unknown said...

Felt the heartbreak in your poem... and I AM a keen gardener, too!