Frenemies
me, myself, and I
who and where I want to be
rivals~never satisfied
The prompt at One Single Impression this week is "friend." That word made me think of the word "frenemies" According to Wikipedia, a frenemy "can refer to either an enemy disguised as a friend or someone who's both a friend and a rival" So many times we are such frenemies with ourselves. For me personally, I tend to have a" love- hate" relationship with myself and tend to never be satisfied with what I am doing or where I am.It's a problem and it is most definitely a work in progress and slow going at that! I am working on this diligently and have to say I feel I am getting better with this- trying to Live in the Moment and enjoy it rather than being wistful wishing things were different or wasting energy with the "what-ifs" and the future.
Below is the video of one of my favorite songs "Living in the Moment" by Jason Mraz- LOVE IT!!!! (and thank you Blogger for making it soooo much easier to upload videos!!!)
Enjoy!!! And please stop over at OSI to see how others interepreted this prompt!

11 comments:
I think we are all works in progress.LOL Love the concept of being a frenemie with ourselves. Very insightful Miss Patti!!!
Linda
that is clever...!!
I'm often saying things like that to myself.
Enjoyed that.
It ain't easy, is it Patti?
I am glad to see you writing again. There just isn't much writing that will fulfill a person on FB. Making friends by the dozens but still not writing.
I liked you poem and what you have written. I don't think of things like that much but 'have been there done that' quite a bit in my life.
... I'm letting myself off the hook for things I've done
I let my past go past
And now I'm having more fun
I'm letting go of the thoughts
That do not make me strong
And I believe this way can be the same for everyone
...
I tried more than once to just make sure
And I was denied the future I'd been searching for
I spun around and hurt no more ...
(Heh eh, I like him)
http://www.metrolyrics.com/living-in-the-moment-lyrics-jason-mraz.html#ixzz2161MNQav
Copied from MetroLyrics.com
..
I liked Janis Joplin too!!!
BIG TIME!!!
I've never heard this word before Patti but I definitely have known my share of frenemies over the years.
What a treasure and blessing it is to find real friends to share life with.
Hugs to you, G
PS: The security word thingey...is very hard to read. I dismantled mine weeks ago and have no problems.
hi patti....you have "no-reply" on your blog comments so i'm answering you here :)
i'm not sure all camera's need the firmware update but you can google your camera and check.
also, i would have loved to have taken your daughter's photos last year....darn distance !
xo
so nice post..
So true, Patti. We can be our own harshest critics. I know that I set impossibly high standards which
can not be satisfied. Wonderful interpretation of the prompt. I’m glad you wrote about this topic which it seems challenges so many of us. Welcome back!
So glad to see you again! I hear you on the Frenemy scene. It has dawned on me that I'm all I've got and it's time to make the most of it. I love and admire your candor!
We have such similar musical tastes.
Post a Comment