now hidden in my heart's niche
you are always there...
The prompt this week at One Single Impression is "niche." I love that word and and the concept it evokes. To me, a niche, is something that is holds something "hidden." It makes me think of little places and spaces that are more than what they seem. I am reminded by my favorite childhood book, The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgsen Burnett, followed by the book Mandy, written by Julie Andrews (yes, of Mary Poppins fame). Both deal with a secret retreat from the world- something that both main characters tend to, to make it their own beautiful space. Niches, for me are, those spaces that lend themselves to be a retreat of sorts from the world, either personally, emotionally, or spiritually. One can create niches for themselves anywhere by carving out a little space of their own where they can go to relax and re-charge.
Below are some of my favorite images from one of my Pinterest boards- I love the anticipation of the magic beyond.
And BELOW is what you might find when you go beyond those doors and enter the "niches." Which one is your personal favorite?
Don't these niches just beg you to sit and relax with a book (or stitching), unwind and listen to the sounds around you on a Summer's day??? This week, try and find a niche of your own to spend time in and ENJOY!













18 comments:
Great images and I agree with you on niches.
Hi, I am here after a long time.. loved your take on the prompt..haven't been able to spend time on commenting for some time now..but now will keep it..can't lose contact with the friends from this space.. RS:)
You expressed my feeling about niches so well. I love all the photos. I am drawn to the spaces that make you feel like you are going back into the womb. Safe, quiet, beautiful. The gate that has a Gothic look is very intriguing to me.
love that table...:)
as long as there's bug spray, i'm good to go in any of these beautiful places :)
very fun and pretty images.....
Oh Patti, you make my heart go pit-a-pat. :)
First choice, the bridge to who knows where, second choice is the last one, the green bench.
..
Great haiga.
I especially love the keyhole picture! ^_^
Very beautiful !!!
it's like having your own world. reality slash fantasy.
you have been tagged...
http://palabradiminuta.blogspot.com/
Mmmm...nice niches!
Actually 'nice' is a bleah word, I just used it because it paralleled niche. They are lovely niches!
Great post!
How magical it would be to have a place to visit
Wonderful places all. My most favorite is last one - with Bench.
I too thought on same line as you. And created a sketch to show a place in center around chaos that will always offer peace to me.
Thanks for post that is a treat.
Those niches are delightful. Pure romance! There are so many niches in our lives....we are like those walls where people hide secret messages....
Those pictures are very beautiful..Very beautiful places..and lovely haiku....
A niche of one's own is the very best place to be!
A Niche that Fits
The Secret Garden is one of my most favorite books. I LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment