Saturday, August 9, 2008

I Did It!!!

I made a perfect batch of brownies! I know that does not sound like an unusual feat, but in my world it is HUGE!!! Whenever anyone says effortlessly "Oh, I just whipped up a pan of brownies- it's no big deal" I glare at them enviously because for some unknown reason I can NOT make brownies that turn out- I did not get the brownie making gene! Mike and Molly can do this seemingly herculean task but whenever I try they are either: a pan of mush, hard as a rock, burned and hard on the outside mushy on the inside, or a combination of the aforementioned. So many people take for granted their ability to turn out a perfect pan of treats, but to me this result is worth a mention! Yum!!!

3 comments:

JUST ME said...

Patti,

Yayyyy for you. I think the last time I tried they turned out kind of hard. My mother is the best cook in the world, but the first time she ever tried making brownies was her last. THEY were as hard as rocks. We couldn't even cut them to eat them. BUMMER. Now we settle for Costco's brand which is pretty good.

I also wanted to wish you luck. I believe school will be starting soon. Enjoy the rest of your off days. My boys are going to Wiesbrook in Wheaton. I think they are ready and so am I.

Peace to you,

Angelica

Relyn Lawson said...

Congratulations!! I just love celebrating the small joys and successes of life. I think the small, daily things of life are what add up to real joy. Brownies are definitely worth a mention.

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so that I could discover yours. Happy back to school. I hope you enjoy the rest of summer, even if school is in session.

A Romantic Porch said...

Those look yummy! I'm right there with you on not inheriting a "brownie making gene"!