Living relatively close to Toyota Park in Bridgeview where the Chicago Fire play means that Mike and Molly love to go, so when our friends Jimmy and Lori invited us to join them in the Budweiser Hospitality Suite and skybox (Jimmy works for Bud) for last night's game against D.C. United, Mike jumped at the chance (even though it meant giving up going camping with friends in MI- another "favorite" of mine). It was a perfect night for the game!!
In my true tradition I missed the whole game preferring to hang out in the suite talking and watching the Olympics and enjoying some "killer" margaritas. I finally went outside to sit, mistaking the 83 minutes on the scoreboard as meaning there were 83 minutes left of the game instead of only 7 minutes left. Oh well... Only Mike- he recognized a guy in the next skybox, Peter Wilt, as being the former founding manager of the Fire and the current President/CEO of the new Red Stars - a women's professional soccer team in Chicago, introduced himself and got to talking with him. This was a big deal to Mike and he was thrilled. The girls got their pic with him and he said it was going on his blog/website, and he gave Mike a Red Stars flag ! Too bad he wasn't handing out rainchecks for spots on his soccer team!
The Fire ended up losing, but afterwards we hung out in the Stadium Club to watch Michael Phelps earn his 8th gold medal. In the meantime, some of the players came out to sign autographs. Molly and her friend Molly got an autograph and their picture with Brian McBride (huge excitement for them). This was his first game for the Fire; he had just gotten back from Beijing as the captain of the Men's Olympic Soccer Team and playing in England for 5 years (and he's cute!!)!! Wow! What a night for them- glad I was there to share in it!
Peter Wilt- CEO of the Red Stars
2 comments:
Nice! You got to meet BMB. He's the best - really! Enjoyed meeting Mike and the Mollys. i posted our pic on my WPS page and am using it as my profile pic for awhile:
http://fans.womensprosoccer.com/profile/peterwilt
SWEET! Sounds exciting. I also am not into professional sports. I think the last time I really was, was back in the day when Micheal Jordan was on the BULLS. That is the last and I was already living in MO. Sounds like you had a nice time and I am jealous of those Margaritas you had. I could use one right now as I am organizing my closet. FUN HUGH?
Before I left to MO, I used to work in Bridgeview. I worked for State Farm at one of the offices in the area. Bridgeview was my stomping grounds. My mom lives off of 79th and Cicero. Small world.
Hang in there. I hope school is going okay for you. My boys started today and I thought my younger son would be more enthused and he was pretty quiet this morning.
They survived though and are ready for a new day tomorrow. They want to take the bus. Of course Mommie had to take them today for their first day of school.
I think the other day I past the FIRE stadium is that on Harlem between 63rd and 79th?
GO SOCCER. LOVE IT especially that when I watch my boys play.
Okay Patti, gotta get to work. Have to work on my RESUME some time this week for sure.
Peace,
Angelica
Post a Comment