Saturday, June 13, 2009

One Down...

My First Official Week of Summer Vacation is over and I am officially in the Summer Zone when I have no clue what day or date it is and time seems to become rather elastic. It's kind of nice like this. Really.

Mike took this past week off for vacation and we used it moving stuff from my mom's place and continuing to go through it; which set off a chain reaction of cleaning and moving stuff here to make room- ugh! We have an Estate Sale planned for next weekend and apparently the people running it come in and organize it all, but that's a hard concept for me to grasp because things look pretty scary over there now. Sue, the lady in charge keeps telling me to just "leave it" that's what they are there for, but that's hard for me to do. We'll see...

We were able to get up to Michigan for 2 days and that was nice. It rained buckets the whole first day we were there. We are kind of in the woods and it is gloomy and dark anyway, but when it rains it seems even worse plus we get the deluge of water that has collected in the trees as it falls. The second day the sun was out and it was beautiful. Regardless of the rain, it was a really cozy time. We watched movies, played games, read... We brought the dogs and that's always good for some laughs. I swear Lady thinks she's a cat and gets herself into all sorts of situations. Abbey was thrilled to have some windows to look out from (she doesn't at home) and kept running into the screen door when it was closed (I think she'll have permanent screen imprints). She is not the best traveler in the bunch and HAS to stand the whole way there and back crying every so often. Lady, on the other hand, goes straight to the floor of the car and stays there; which we always thought was weird, now really appreciate!




Right after I took this, she lost her balance and fell sideways onto the (soft) bench.






I have a card swap this afternoon ( the theme was birds and water), so before we left for Michigan, I got all my cards stamped, colored and cut out and such and then packed little kits of pre-cut cardstock and embellishments so I could put them all together at the trailer, which I did. That really helped cut down on the amount of stuff I needed to pack and it worked out great!











This week I received my Vintage Swimsuit Tag Book from Linda at A Swap For All Seasons! It turned out so cute and I am in awe of the creativity that went into the tags in this book! If you would like to see the tags close up, please visit her site to see the pictures of the tags.






What do you have planned for this weekend?

6 comments:

Laura said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN THAT SWAP!!!!!!! My friend Jane was in it too. I saw the tags and they are fabulous!!!!! I will have to look for yours!

Your swap cards are so gorgeous! Who makes the stamp with that little girl in the bikini? She is so cute.

Do you have to be at the estate sale next weekend? If you need me, I can stop by for some moral support.

love
laura

Relyn Lawson said...

Time is feeling very elastic. That's it! That's it exactly. I am thinking of you and the coming estate sale. I know that will be tough. Happy weekend.

beth said...

you are loving summer, no doubt !
just like all the kids....we really never grow up all the way, do we ?

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Patti ~
I loved all of your card creations, I kept leaning forward to get a closer look (like that was going to help LOL) because I love the one stamp of the woman on the left. Your dogs are precious too!

I wish you good fortune with your estate sale ~ times like these are stressful enough so I am so glad you got a nice break to relax.
It is always so good to visit you ~ wish you lived closer so you, me, and Relyn could all go out and play together! Love and Blessings, Katie

Polka Dot Moon said...

Dogs are always good for some form of entertainment on any kind of trip :)

Patti,
Your cards are lovely! You have a great, creative eye! And the tag book is fabulous!

I just started "Breaking Dawn" and so far it's tied favorite with "Twilight"! The two in the middle were good, but the first and last are fabulous! It will be hard to find something else to read afterwards.

Good luck with the Estate Sale. I'll be thinking of you!
Denise

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Patti, your cards are wonderful! I really like the pink one with the lady fishing! Hope you have a great summer! Tell the girls hi from me!