Monday, June 8, 2009

Which Way?

A game I used to play with Molly when she was little was when we were out somewhere and came to an intersection, I had her choose which direction to go. It was fun to see where we would end up- sometimes places that were totally unexpected!
Intersections offer lots of opportunities- do we stay on the road we're on or do we turn and go a new direction? You never know what may lie ahead when you veer off the road you are on and turn in a direction you hadn't planned. So, lose the map and the GPS and rely on your instincts and just go with it . "Lost" isn't always a bad place to be. Choices and opportunities- that's what intersections are about!



life's intersections~
stay on the same road you're on
or choose a new route
*************************************
the intersection
between my heaven and hell
is reality
Big surprise here, but the prompt this week at OSI is " intersections." Above are my 2 haiku reflecting my thoughts on the word. Check out the other interpretations of this prompt!
What have been some intersections in your life? Which way did you choose to go?

18 comments:

beth said...

what a great game....I wish mine were still little enough to play it !

maybe I'll try it when I go to see john in colorado, in july, as everything will be new to me :)

and my post yesterday...I actually thought of you, because my words could have been used if I was talking about kids in a classroom !!

gautami tripathy said...

I liked the second one.

OSI: strings cross with wires

Joanne said...

I love your intersection game, and the life parallels it presents. It's so true, sometimes the best experiences happen on unplanned journeys filled with wonder and surprise.

zoya gautam said...

.. powerful ..

SandyCarlson said...

Sounds like fun! These are lovely. Thanks.

Polka Dot Moon said...

I love new adventures and what a great game for the kiddos to play. I'll have to try that with the kids this summer!

And your words are magic as usual :)

Jim said...

Pattie, I'll choose the Shady Shores now in this hot weather!

My Daughter, Karen, and I would get lost, literally, on some of our drives playing that game.
I still do without her every now and then still. Guess maybe I'm choosing 'a new route.'
Thank you,
..

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, for sure - lost is sometimes a wonderful place to be!

Yolanda said...

I really loved this post. It spoke to my heart and thanks for sharing it.

Susan Tuttle said...

a wonderful game you play with your daughter! -- i do virtually the same thing -- turning down random back roads to see where I wind up -- always an adventure!

:)

Lynne said...

Hi Patti,
Sounds like a fun game. I like both haikus, especially the 2nd.

(I'm the same person as the artist/writer "Gel" who commented here a few months ago before I was on hiatus from blogland.) I reread your profile and sidebar to become reaquainted. Dreams and wishes...yes!

gabrielle said...

i still play this game.

This year, my daughter had to come up with a family "saying" for Language Arts.
"Those who wander are not lost",
came closest.
beautiful takes on the prompt

Rajesh said...

Nice snap and excellent narration. Never played this game.

JUST ME said...

love this post Patti!!!!

I hope you are enjoying your summer break and heading off to the east west north or south. Hey if you ever head up my way let me know I would love to meet you face to face.

Angie

Tammie Lee said...

Such a fun game you played with Molly. I often do that now, by myself.

the simplicity in your poems is delightful.

I tend to follow the direction that 'feels' right or appealing when I get to an intersection. To honor the current of energy in a choice that feels in sync with something deep in me. Thanks for asking.

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. One of my biggest delights is to get in the car and drive until I am on a road I've never been on. My husband have had some real adventures playing this game. I love the unexpected.

The Muse said...

wonderful post...
oh goodness...sometimes i think i have never ever had a straight patch of road!
lol

Relyn Lawson said...

We play this game, too. We call it "Get Lost!" We've found the most amazing places this way. Thanks for the reminder. We've got to do this again. Soon.