Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It Smells Like...

Fragrance is the prompt at OSI this week- stop over and see what the poets have come up with this week! Here are my interpretations on this prompt.


Your fragrance lingers
throughout the seasons of my life
a whiff here
wafting through my senses
lighting on my memories
helping me to remember
when you were here
with me
sometimes in the realm of almost- sleep
I can smell your scent
and I think
is it a dream
or is it real?
Are you watching over me?
And I smile...

*****************************
Eau D'Summer

fragrance of summer
sun-kissed days and firefly nights
bottled for winter




13 comments:

beth said...

this reminds me of how we all say...that smells like grandma or grandma's perfume or grandma's kitchen...and I love that !

Relyn Lawson said...

That last poem and those images... Ah.... Both are so perfectly, wondrously summer. You have talent, my friend. Real talent.

Pam said...

Scent is such a powerful memory retriever. I really liked your haiku.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Perfect Poems with perfect photos ~ how do you do it? I love these! Beautiful post my dear!
Summer Blessings!
Katie

Jim said...

OMGosh! I won't be incognito in camouflage any more if people can identify me by my smell. The only smell that brings any recall with me is wet puppy dogs.
At anyrate he/she could be watching over me and I wouldn't know by smell.

I do like your second also. I have some Eau D'Glacier bottled for summer. It is pure melted glacier with no scent whatsoever.
..
Do you want to have a rusty chair painting party? I have five, three like yours and two rockers.
..

Michelle said...

As always, such beautiful poetry....you have such a gift, Patti. :) I always feel like reading your poems while I'm swinging in a swing on a large limb of a 100 year old tree. :)

Tammie Lee said...

Your first poem is wonderful, I can imagine just such a thing occurring. The second poem I loved: bottled for winter.

Thank you for your visit to my blog.
I read your profile and being a pisces I could relate to everything you said!

Spirithelpers

Jeeves said...

Lovely

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I can remember the smell of fresh dirt after a summer rain -- and my mother taking us on a hunt for good clay dirt, that she love eating. Don't know why, but she loved the stuff! This is a good memory nevertheless. I enjoyed this and the pictures.

Maggie said...

This is a beautiful poem and it took me places as I looked at your photos.

SandyCarlson said...

You capture the power and affect of fragrance with such heart. How it triggers feeling and memory.

I love those photos.

gabrielle said...

There is a certain lingering fragrance, of those we have loved. You describe it so tenderly. I know what you are saying about that magical time of falling. Into that place between the worlds, between sleep and sleep, a delicate trailing perfume.

Elixir of summer. I enjoyed the way the poems are linked.
Both beautiful. A gentle tenderness evoked.

Thanks so much for your visit to wild goose, the light scent of summer you left there.

Quiet Paths said...

This is a poem which resonates in me quite deeply. Just beautiful.