Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." — Kenneth Grahame (The Wind in the Willows)
A year after purchasing our boat- we finally were able to launch it in the lake last Sunday! Ironically, the lakes are the highest they have been in years (of course!) and there is no beach where we would have had to keep the boat, so Mike would have had to swim out to get the boat each time we want to use it! Our friends who have a lake house across the lake from where we are graciously offered to let us tie the boat on their pier for this summer- thank goodness~ It was a little of a rough start (literally) as the public access is flooded as well and there were plenty of lily pads to get in the way of Mike getting out to the lake. But he did it (considering we know next to nothing about boats) and did a great job with the many boat rides last Sunday and making sure our boat stayed away from drifting into the $100,000 boats parked nearby (yikes!)due to the super windy weather and choppy waves. This weekend's possible adventure...tubing!
7 comments:
looks like heaven to me....
oh how I love the water !
What a beautiful lake! How fun to have a boat! My hubby would live on a boat if he could..... :)
Denise
{what did you think of Jillian's pick? I liked Kiptyn better!}
Congratulations! That must have been a lot of fun.
Fun fun fun Patti.......
I love the water as welllllll....
Peace to ya....
Have fun Patti and stay safe. Wish i was there...
I have a new movie title prompt posted at:
http://mypoeticpath.wordpress.com/2009/08/01/monthly-movie-musings-take-3/
perhaps you will stop by and participate!
Hugs, G
Such pretty lake pictures ~ I almost felt as if I was taking a boat ride listening to Louie sing about a wonderful life ~ How true it is!!! <3 Katie
I long for, dream about, really, really want a boat!! Really, really, really want a boat. I am so excited for you. May you have many wonderful hours on the water.
Post a Comment