


Ok I admit it...I have a crush on Johnny Depp. Not a recent crush mind you. I was one of the ones who discovered him back when he was on 21 Jump Street, so it's been a long time. Yes, I know he is quirky. But he is one of those actors that you either love him or you don't. I happen to be in the former category. What I enjoy about Johnny Depp is he is a chameleon- he changes and immerses himself into the characters he plays; with both looks and personality. He's humble, shy, intelligent, committed, good to his fans, and so very talented. Oh yea- he's gorgeous too!
At school my "crush" is widely known among my friends and I have amassed quite a bit of Johnny paraphernalia. Folders, stickers, posters, pictures seem to turn up in my mailbox. Students have even brought some things in for me. I have hung the pictures and posters in my closet (after one of my students discovered some of the pictures that I had taped to my desk drawers- he couldn't stop laughing) and my friend Nancy- also a fan, will come in and regularly open the closet door to get her Johnny "fix." This is my absolute favorite pic of all time~


Last week the Public Enemies movie opened in theaters and I could not wait to see it. The majority of the movie was shot on location in the midwest- WI, Chicago, Aurora, and Crown Point, IN. Last March (2008), Molly (also a huge fan) caught wind that he was filming in Crown Point, so we spent 2 days out on the set watching Hollywood make it's magic (along with the hope that a glimpse of the elusive Mr. Depp would be caught). The first day was extremely chilly and windy but we lined the street behind a fence across the street from the Crown Point Jail (where Dillinger really was housed and broke out) and watched for hours as vintage cars drove up and down the street and people in period costumes ambled around. It was neat to see and even cooler when we saw the actual scene in the movie flash by in about 15 seconds and know we were right behind the fence watching that being made. It is amazing the time and energy that that 15 seconds on film took.
The next day we went back (I took a friend with this time) and we let Molly and her friend loose to go wherever they wanted- usually following whomever said they saw Johnny last. We were there for the long haul. Molly said she would NOT go home until she saw HIM and I think she meant it. She and Kelly met extras, got stuff signed by them and pictures taken- they had a great time. About 7:00 after we had seen tons of people with huge cameras running following the cry of "Johnny", Molly and Kelly showed up excited. They had gotten a glimpse of him...their mission complete; we were able to go home!
On a side note- my friend Nancy's daughter got to play an extra in the restaurant scene in the beginning part of the movie. She was on the set in Chicago for 2 days last June and actually met and got to talk to Johnny during breaks!










9 comments:
Oh I have a huge crush on him too! Going waaaay back like you!
I just saw a poster in the theaters the other day with him playing the "Mad Hatter" a Tim Burton film of course. I'll have to see a close up of when that movie is coming out!
What a fun time you girls had!!!
LUCKY!
Denise
I love this story....
and what fun and LUCK you had !!
and oh... as far as his cuteness goes...yeah, I guess he's alright :)
patti...I don't think I have your email...
YES...it was just like august rush...loved that movie !
and YES...that was the square as i was heading up towards it from the monona terrace....
the capital building was a give away...and the farmers market on saturday mornings...OH YES..quite amazing!!
Wow Patti ~ learned something new about you! He is a hunk ~ I really loved him in Chocolat ~ when he played a gypsy in that movie! Have you gotten to see the movie yet? Let me know how it is... we pretty much wait until they are on Netflix before we see them. Happy Summer Blessings, Katie
Oh yea....I have a crush on Johnny too! I liked the movie. Thought it was a bit slow..but I didn't know much about the character he played so I had to look that up on the internet afterwards! :)
Me too...crush on Johnny...he's so handsome in 'Chocolat'. How incredible that you got to go to the filming of 'Public Enemies'. Haven't seen it yet, but have plans to after the crowds die down.
Did you see my Johnny post? I saw him in SF. I did.
Oh my I love Johnny Depp too. He has eyes that seem to look right through your soul. I have always rated him as my most favorite movie man! He has acting abilities that classify him as a real movie star. My favorite movie is Blow.
Came to your blog through Relyn and love it!
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]free casino[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]free casino games[/url] autonomous no deposit perk at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]online casinos
[/url].
Post a Comment