
"Energy is a physical quantity that describes the amount of work that can be performed by a force." (Wikipedia)
If you have ever had the opportunity
of being in a school
the week before winter break
you would be experiencing energy
in one of it's rawest forms!
The feeling of this energy is palpable
and can almost knock you over
when you enter the school
and walk down the halls.
The kids (and the teachers)
can barely contain themselves
in their anticipataion of a break from school
and celebrating the holidays,
(2 loooong days left, but who's counting?!)
and there is not too much productivity
in the way of actual learning
happening at this point,
(but the energy output is through the roof)
And if scientists could ever find a way
to harness all of this excitement and antsiness
they could probably power the country
for a long, long time...
11 comments:
The excitement just transmits, doesnt it. Love the holiday feel of your blog
We feel it here :)
I'm the room parent in Jackson's class and his teacher puts on quite a party for the kids. I've been prepping since early November! She just sent a note home yesterday wondering when we can meet to start the Valentine's Day party :)
She's awesome!!
Enjoy the next couple of days Patti :)
it happens even to an ordinary employee you know!
lovely poem, indeed!
thanks Patti for dropping by my site...:)
patti...I remember exactly this from when my kids were in a little private school for 8 years and I practically lived there and volunteered for everything and what you described and how you described it....it is perfect and so amazingly true....
It's such a good energy, full of goodwill and anticipation. Enjoy!
yes indeedy!
And the sugar high after Halloween and Easter, I remember those days from my teaching stint...
Thanks, Patti!
I can feel the energy when I read your post!
I'm with ya Patti...the kids are especially crazed this year....one more day!!! :-)
Patti,
Did you take a look out your window this mornin..... SNOW.... more snow.
I hope you are doing well on your side of our world.
Happy Holidays to you my friend.
This is fantastic !! I enjoyed reading this post !!
so so so true so so so glad we aren't there for 2 weeks!
Post a Comment