I chose Creative Cottage Dreamer for a couple of reasons... "Cottage" most definitely because I am IN LOVE with cottages- all types and sizes. I LOVE that quaint look of them; especially the smaller ones. You know the kind- the ones that have the cute front porch and ooze coziness- where you feel like you can relax the second you step across the threshold- filled with sentimental objects that exude memories. As I have mentioned before, we have a small cape cod, which was to be our starter house 23 years ago that we're still in. When we moved in, my dad dubbed our house "The Enchanted Cottage ." It does have a cottage feel, especially since Mike built a big front porch onto the front of it. I still don't have my cottage garden, but a girl can dream, can't she?
I chose "Dreamer" because anyone who knows me, really knows me, knows I tend to dream my time away. I'm always wishing, and hoping, and thinking, and dreaming (isn't that a song or something like one?...) sometimes too much and don't take advantage of the Moment (I'm working on that, though).
The "Creative" part was hard. It was a toss up between that and "Cozy" (I still really like Cozy). I ended up going with Creative because I do love all things creative. I adore creativity in any form and have had many people tell me that I am creative. After looking at and reading blogs I am not as creative as I would like to be- not even close! I would have to say that through the years, I have lost some of my creativity...or maybe it has changed and gone a different direction, but I think I was more creative when I was younger. Oh well...maybe it will return...
But- there you have it- how I came up with my blog name. Once I started blogging I was amazed that it was so rewarding. My first comment was my co-worker and friend Katie. The 2nd comment was from Angelica, who I ended up meeting this past October! I love the idea of the connections we make, treasure the friendships made, and look forward to each blog I visit and to seeing the comments left by those who visit me. I also love that I now have a visual journal depicting my life for the past 2 years. I WISH I had more time to visit more blogs and join more groups and do way more with my blog, but all in all The Creative Cottage Dreamer is happy where she's at; snuggled up in her cottage, creatively dreaming the time away... and this blog has far surpassed any expectations I ever had for it!
For a book of real cottage eye candy, check out Vintage Cottages by Molly Hyde English. I have been drooling over the images in this book ever since Laura passed this book of her mom's on to me Tues. night (thank you so much Laura and Laura's Mom!).

13 comments:
This is what's so special about blogging, the individual stories and characteristics that make up each one. They're like little storybooks filled with intrigue, and friends! I feel the same way about cottages, bungalows. They are so comforting. Your home is beautiful, and with that charming front porch, well if I walked by, I'd have to stop by for a chat :)
Hello...so glad that I found your cottage blog by way A Swap for All Seasons! I love your background...and your cottage "theme" is my cup of cocoa on this cold evening. I'm off to enjoy more of your posts!
Holiday blessings,
Marilyn
Patti
Love "The Enchanted Cottage" especially at Cristmas time.
Mlu
I'm so glad you played along. I loved this post, and oh, how I love your pretty, cozy little cottage. You've set me to dreaming.
you fabulous dreamer you....I'm so glad you played along with us....
now I'm dreaming of my little cottage on the beach...oh I hope my dream comes true :)
That was a fun read. It's nice to know the back story of your title. God bless.
I am so happy you liked the books! I think I have some more too!
Your house looks so cool! I want to sit on the front porch. Maybe in about 7 months???
patti,
Love your blog girl and your poetry.
You are an amazing person.
love,
angelica
It was so nice to know your "how I named my blog" story! And to get to see the front of your charming home! I love the new header too! Everything is lovely and inviting as always! Love and Blessings!
love this blog...i always look forward to reading it Katie M (my email wouldn't let me post for some strange reason)
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]online casinos [/url]brake the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]realcazinoz[/url] manumitted no deposit hand-out at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino online
[/url].
[url=http://www.nikefalconsauthenticjerseys.com/]Tony Gonzalez Jersey[/url]
Faith not only pleases God but keeps us trusting in God's fatherly care Ranges in price from $3 Something is definitely in the air and it smells like a combination of leaf smoke, charcoal broiled meat and football You lash out at yourself or others physically or verbally, cry, pout, become argumentative or defensive
[url=http://www.officialfalconsnflshop.com/]Falcons Tony Gonzalez Jersey[/url]
Power supply problemsYou'll need a different power adaptor plug for each country you visitOne of the best ways to strengthen new concepts in your mind is to share them with others Ignorance is bless
[url=http://www.navorrobowmanjersey.com/]NaVorro Bowman Women's Jersey[/url]
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]online casino[/url] brake the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]online casinos[/url] unshackled no store hand-out at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]liberated bonus casino
[/url].
Post a Comment