Sunday, December 6, 2009

Light in the Darkness

in the rockiness of my waters
as i am being tossed
and battered
and bruised
your light beckons to me
and calls out~

"stay on course
steer straight
the storms will cease soon
and all will be calm
in the meantime
hold on tight and
come toward
my unwavering light
and let me guide you in
between the rocks and waves
and you can dock in safety"

indeed~
your consistent, shining light
in the darkness
always ~no matter what
my love~
YOU are my safe port



The prompt at OSI this week is "Lighthouses." Please stop over and see what others have been up to in interpreting this prompt. You can find another some more lighthouses right here. Have a wonderful week!!!

The picture of the lighthouse was taken in St. Joseph, MI by my husband

18 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Just what the doctor ordered. Thank you.

Loch Rob said...

Nicely done. It is always comforting to have that special lighthouse as a beacon and place to turn to. Especially when times are tough.

Joanne said...

Lighthouses are so evocative, aren't they? Very symbolic, love the verse.

Keke said...

Patti, this is such beautiful writing and sentiment... sorry I've been MIA, been to sick really to get on, and then just trying to keep up with work and life...I haven't rec. your package yet, and I'm sorry to tell you I just mailed mine to you today, so I'm hoping you will rec. it by end of week...I do hope you love it, I've loved doing it for you! I hope things have turned to the happier light for you. Sorry this comment is so long, someone jacked my email and while I can read messages for some reason I can't send them out. I did try to respond to the last email you sent about colors etc but the words got garbled with symbols...I have no idea...I hate the thought of changing my email address, I've had it for 15 years...ugh! Anyway, blessings to you, I'll be in touch... Sorry for my mailing tardiness, XO... Keke

Tumblewords: said...

To have a safe port is a wondrous thing! These are lovely words!

Rebecca said...

Hello
What a beautiful post, thank you for your inspiration - it was lovely
Blessings
Rebecca

Sherri B. said...

So uplifting and comforting...I really enjoyed this.

Anonymous said...

I just read the post below. It is so nice that you have a special 'light' in your cottage. That is what both life and love are all about.

Good name, by the way!

Pearl said...

bruised?

scraped, and barnacled and taking on water?

Rita said...

Thank you Patti for stopping by with your encouraging words. We are so excited about him being home. This just ended a nice day with your wonderful post!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, this one. This one makes my heart skip a beat. sigh.

Keke said...

Patti,

I'm honestly speechless, I don't even know how to thank you for your generosity or to tell you what I loved the most first.. Today was such a difficult day and to come home to your package, your unbelievable package and impeccable timing was like a gift from the angels themselves...how could I begin to say thank you...It was all truly amazing.
XO Keke

Jon Lee said...

I love your poetry Patti. I listened to you and Laura about blogs and put mine together last week-end. Please take a look at it. I would appreciate any advice.

http://www.rosetintedenchantments1.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Jon Lee

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I can imagine what it might feel like to have a lighthouse, someone waiting that truly cares for you. I enjoyed this.

zoya gautam said...

.. straightforward words _

heartwarming thoughts _

& the poetry of simple things ..

Carlos Gesmundo said...

Soothing and reassuring lines. Great blog music, too!

Geraldine said...

I missed this post before. :<( How beautifully expressed Patti. We all need a port in the storms of life. Hugs, G

Jim said...

Oh! (sigh) I just knew this was going to have a mushy ending! :-)
Very nice, I liked it all the way.
..
Hang tight!
..
[Please forgive me for being so very late. I'll try to do better next time.]
..