As I arrived home (finally), I was greeted by a Special Delivery from the Cherry Kingdom...aka Keke's package containing my cabinet cards (lucky me- she made me 2!!!) from A Swap For All Seasons. They are just gorgeous- she is very creative- that Keke!
The back of this one says "The Kringles- The Early Years" I just love how she embellished them! They will be special keepsakes in my world.
Here is some of the goodies she included in her package- such fun!!! Lots of little goodies for paper crafting, some snowman labels, pretty snowflakes, yummy peppermint sticks, some vintage pictures- all the things I LOVE!!!! Thank you SO much Keke!!!!! What a wonderfully generous swap partner!
The above and below pics are of the cabinet card I sent Keke. She currently lives in CA, but has lived in MI, so my "theme" was "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" On the top of the card I glued on a cardboard Christmas Memories, and at the bottom it says "Believe" I glued on little white snowflakes all over the front of the card and added the dimensional corners. On the back I covered it with winter paper and somewhat collaged it using the sheet music to "White Christmas" cardboard snowflakes and the top says "Dashing Through the Snow" I hope she likes it.
Molly has been furiously working (or is it working furiously) on finishing up some of her projects in Pottery. She was absent a few days and now is behind- sigh... Anyway- one of the projects is a huge Tootsie Roll. She cut out the letters freehand on her own- I think they look amazing!
Have a great end of the week!
10 comments:
The snow looks familiar. I too had to go to Starbucks on my way home. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog and for adding my blog to your list.
See you next Tuesday at Inspired Needle? weathr permitting.
Jon Lee
Oh Patti, I'm so happy it finally arrived! And I'm so happy you liked it...you have been my light in the dark this last month and I don't quite know how to thank you, I meant it when I said queen of hearts, it comes through in your writing and this lovely place I love to visit...such a gift to the world! I have to say I'm a little jealous of the snow but not the danagerous ride to work, I showed American husband and said, "Remember this?" He said, we can have that too if we drive down to southern ca. He's not joking, can you believe it's been only 24 degrees here!?! So much for sunny california! It's no fun for it to be so cold if we don't get to play in the snow, however, that is not something I would wish for since people here drive crazy enough without snow...I don't even want to see what they would do if it actually snowed and stuck to the roads! HA! Thanks for sharing...thanks for being you!!! XO Keke
So much snow! Must be chilling
Living in Texas, I can't imagine that much snow. We see snow so seldom! Be safe when you get out on those roads and have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
The tootsie roll letters are perfect! How did she do that???
Love all the cabinet cards. Very inspirational.
as for the snow? I am getting ready to do battle with it in a few minutes!
Oh yes, the snow's arrived here in New England too. We had a couple inches yesterday, followed by a little slushy mess, and now frigid temperatures! It is so pretty though, especially at Christmastime, to have that fresh coating of white snow :)
Beautiful crafts here, too. Love the White Christmas card, my favorite Christmas movie!
This is one of the most heartwarming posts Ive read in a long time. And thank you for sharing the snow, I am soooo missing it here in BC. We never found out how much we liked the white stuff until there was a shortage of it (we moved from the Prairies, lots of snow).
Happy Holidays Patti and much prosperity to you and yours in 2010. Hugs, G
Hi Patti,
your post really sound reminiscent of good-old-happy-past...:) and it's so unique...:)
i tried to scroll up and down your blog and i found it so interesting and awesome...:)
i am your fellow writer at OSI, and i am so very sure you've dropped by my site more than I did to yours, sorry for that...from now on, i will regularly follow yours and even bookmark you in my space...:)
good morning Patti!!!
Hello there Patti,
Oh boy does that weather look nasty! Your winter is my summer.
I was just at B & B today and saw the candle. What a fabulous fragrance. They also have a new bath line called "Twilight Woods" which is beyond fabulous, and I love the name ;)
Your daughter is quite the artist with her photography and now pottery. Must run in the family!
Hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of year albeit hectic.
Denise
From what I hear, you are also an amazing swap partner. I'm so glad that you had fun.
Post a Comment