
I love seasonal changes ; actually get somewhat energized by them and do not think I could live somewhere where the seasons don't change. Tonight marks the Winter Solstice- the darkest time of the year. I love the feeling of descending into darkness for a time and re-emerging later into the the light (I'd make a great caterpillar). The early dark evenings do not bother me- I love the coziness they invoke and love to light candles around the house to ward off the darkness. I even enjoy Winter (just not the driving part). The pictures below were taken by my husband this past weekend.
This week's prompt at OSI was junction and to me, the junction that came to mind was of light and dark; the changing of the seasons, and the Solstice. Please check out how others interpreted this prompt by visiting here
seasonal junction
the light versus the darkness
and the dark wins
a mystical time
when the light hides for awhile
then slowly returns
the darkest of days
time to reflect and renew
re-emerge with light
For a very cool site with a "fairy tale" about the Winter Solstice please visit here
12 comments:
I enjoy the winter much the same way as you, enjoying the gentle beauty of snowscapes, and encouraged by the cold and short daylight hours to stay home, nest, and find comfort there. And so another junction, the cold and dark outdoors against the warmth and light of home. Very peaceful.
wonderful ..
So beautiful, Patti. I love your snow pictures! Happy Holidays!!
xoxo
Michelle and the kitties
I love the winter. Your link to the fairy tale about the winter solstice was very nice.
Light will not be toyed with.
Beautiful words and photos! I'm not so fond of winter but you make it very appealing!
nature always makes ritual junctures.....well said Patti!
Hi Patti,
I'm back, although I feel like I've been run over by a train! Still even this morning, I went to bed thinking I would wake up more refreshed today, I guess I have to wait for my juncture into normal life...probably doesn't help my in-laws are staying through the holidays, oh how they do wear me out, even if they are behaving... I love,love,love the snow pics...hope you are having a nice break from school. Happy Christmas week! XO Keke
I can soooo relate to your comments about the seasons. I miss LOTS of snow, we want to head back up North asap, that's one of the reasons why.
The photos are glorious, thank you.
Hugs and Happy Holidays Patti, G
I love that the dark wins. Need it to. Need rest. Beautiful post.
Patti, your nice set of haiku tell it like it is. Winter is wonderful, a time to recuperate from the bruising and bashing summer.
Still though, I will take our Southeast winter as we hardly slow down a bit for what little 'weather' we have.
..
Guess what came in the mail for me last night? Thank you so much. Not only for my goodie and for your thoughtfulness. Not only for your cherished friendship either. But, thanks for the uplifting encouragement that those things brought me. Today is the first day of Christmas break. You can imagine how frazzled I was feeling when I got home last night. I think only another teacher can know. Anyway, I went to bed at 6:45. GAH! I feel asleep sweetly thinking of your thoughtful, loving friendship.
Post a Comment