Sunday, February 28, 2010

Going Nowhere Fast


I found this picture here
running to Nowhere...
fast
spinning my wheels~
a myriad of thoughts and
ideas dancing dizzily
vying for attention
each one squealing
"pick me, pick me!"
while my Muse
seems uninterested,
inattentively tapping her fingers
while she waits
for my mind to quiet down
and be centered.
I need to heed the words
"slow down"
that keep flashing
in my head
and stop this
running to Nowhere
fast.

Thanks to Jim, the prompt at OSI this week is "running." Please run on over there and check out the others poets' interpretations of this prompt. Have a wonderful week everyone!

21 comments:

Joanne said...

Great verse. That creative focus is so necessary to pull all those beautiful thoughts together effectively. It's such a process, from spinning our dancing ideas to the finished product on the page!

Janean said...

it's amazing where and how far our minds can take us in split-seconds!

Jim said...

Hi Patti, I a still smiling after a lot of chuckles. This is neat.
I espcially like the theme, 'going nowhere (fast)' with its 'pick me' thoughts. Things seem as if they might get better after 'slow down' was brought up.

Thank you too, for using my OSI prompt, 'running.' I have really enjoyed reading all of the poems, yours is great!
..

shraddha said...

very much enjoyed it..

awesome!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I feel just like this today ~ beautifully captured and brought to life! Blessings!

SandyCarlson said...

I like this a lot. Thanks, Patti.

Stan Ski said...

When imagination runs away, it's often difficult to find direction.

Rita said...

Patti, I love the verse and the picture to go with it!

The Write Girl said...

Beautiful poem...It seems like our mind is running in all sorts of directions and sometimes we need to slow down. I completely agree with your sentiments. Nicely written.

Beth P. said...

Sue--
This is so good!
There ain't no where to go anyway...

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful poem, reminds me of our culture in so many ways. I say; if something inside says slow down it is best to heed this message.

Sandra.if said...

I love the photo...and your words are so beautiful...thanks for your words Patti...!

Geraldine said...

You've captured these feelings so well. I related to your words.

A great way to express the prompt too, unique!

Hugs, G

Tumblewords: said...

Nice interpretation! Running minds are hard to brake!

Andree said...

Great poem. I seldom have that "slow down" muse in my head. I need to be more attentive to it!

geeta said...

The prompt has been used in a unique way..nice one..

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Relyn Lawson said...

I wrote a haiku today with my students. And the first thing I did was think of you. I had to come and tell you that.

Amity said...

Restless minds...I suffer always...

I'd start but end up to nothing...

Thanks for sharing...I love it dear!

Quiet Paths said...

I didn't visualize running as being so unfocused but you are absolutely correct! The mind racing is more exhausting than anything the legs could do. Bang on, here and I really liked the poem.

Relyn Lawson said...

This is a great poem. And a wonderful image. You've inspired me this morning, Patti. Thank you.