Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Free


i dreamed
that i could fly...
really fly
way up with the clouds
and the wind...
slip-sliding down the rainbows
playing tag
with the sunbeams and snowflakes
and racing the raindrops~
it was a glorious, giggly feeling-
this flying...
free of all the tethers
of my world-
like a let-go balloon
floating sedately
up into the netheregions-
rising beyond gazes
until seen no more-
but not gone...
just flying...
free



The prompt this week at OSI is" free." Please feel free to visit the site and see how the prompt is interpreted by others. Have a wonderful week and thank you fro all the comments!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

a nice feeling...well said!!

Joanne said...

A pretty verse, I like the visual of playing tag with sunbeams and snowflakes!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful!
Blessings today,
Rebecca

Ramesh Sood said...

Freedom of spirit that! I enjoyed it Patti.. as ever.. beautiful!!!

Geraldine said...

Oh what a feeling....sounds wonderful.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com
www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

Rita said...

I always wanted to go up into a hot air balloon. I think it would be so freeing! I enjoyed the verse!

Shail Raghuvanshi said...

Hi Patti. Your poem gives an upbeat feeling. Thanks.

Keke said...

Happy Holidays Patti, loved your poem, I love it when I have flying dreams... Your right to describe it as 'free', that's exactly how I feel when I'm having that dream. Sigh...now I hope I have one of those dreams tonight ... Sleep sweet, XO Keke

eyeography said...

I feel like flying now...
Very beautiful :)

Rebecca said...

Hi
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you will come to my B party...
And I do have angels left
Blessings
Rebecca

Rita said...

Patti, I know what you mean about not having time to slow down and enjoy the season. Sometimes, we let things just go by so fast that we don't take the time to enjoy them. I am guilty. But one thing I've learned as I have grown older is that there comes a time you either slow down and do it or you may not have the time in the future. Of course you are young and it is easy to get caught up in the rush. Try to take at least a day to enjoy! Love ya!

Keke said...

Patty,
Just wanted to let you know I'm having a give away over a Cherry Kingdom and I was hoping you could stop by and throw your name in for it!! :) Hope your having a great week! Keke

Anonymous said...

flying dream, cool,

Polka Dot Moon said...

Brings tears to my eyes! Another beautifully written piece Patti!

beth said...

i'm ready to fly south :)
hugs and warmth to you sweet friend....