click here to see a beautiful version of the Joni Mitchell classic song "River" with some beautiful winter photographs to go with.
River
Joni Mitchell
It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
But it don't snow here
It stays pretty green
I'm going to make a lot of money
Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on....
The lyrics of that song seem to embody my mood as of late. The Holiday season is so full of expectations and pressure that sometimes I do WISH I had a river to skate away on. For many people the holidays are filled with trepidation, sadness and painful memories. I know for me personally that there are some people that I really have been missing a lot lately that are no longer part of my life and that is hard. Memories swirl around me and it's sometimes hard to put those aside especially during this time of year when one is expected and sometimes required to be "up" and happy through it all when all they want to do is skate away...
I wish all the people -including myself- who are struggling this Holiday season to be able to find some semblance of peace....
7 comments:
I hope that you can find a bit of Peace this Holiday Season. I totally understand the feeling.
Patti, My husband has lost all his family and he tends to not feel very good about the holidays. It is hard, so I am praying for you to get through this season with much peace.
Try to find some small holiday thing you enjoy ... hot chocolate in front of the tree, wearing a happy Christmas sweater, and do the holiday your way. I think there's a certain peace in that.
Stay warm and safe Patti. I hear another storm is on the way. Hope you have a lovely holiday season.
I understand what you are saying. For me to make it through all the "should do" stuff this time of year; I give myself complete permission to back away from all of the big stuff one has to do and concentrate on little things that make myself and my people happy. Scale down and just enjoy those beautiful little moments of the season.
Love that song and the beautiful video.. I have always enjoyed Joni M.'s music but I had never heard River until I heard it on your Christmas playlist last year.It has a beautiful sadness about it. You are not alone in your feelings...I believe everyone has some melancholy moments during the holidays.
Here's wishing you peace Patti.. yes, sight of river flowing brings peace and tranquility.. Enjoy your holidays..
And do visit my post.. I missed your feedback last Sunday..
Post a Comment