Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Wish


as the Old Year steals away into the night
it takes with it
memories of the year-
some good, some not so good
new friendships and old
unresolved dreams and visions,
and some personal goals met
and experiences
that i would not want to change-
not one bit,
but all of "it"
afforded me the opportunity
to be the person i am right now~
to welcome this New Year-
a gift
that is filled with "ties";
opportunities...
possibilities...
for those dreams
and visions
and goals
to become realized
and acted upon
and for all to be calmed
and filled with a peaceful hope
as a New Year begins -
again.


One of my favorite Eagles songs is "I Wish You Peace,"
and the lyrics sum up my wish for all of YOU in this new year:

"I Wish You Peace"

I wish you peace when the cold winds blow
Warmed by the fire's glow
I wish you comfort in the, the lonely time
And arms to hold you when you ache inside

I wish you hope when things are going bad
Kind words when times are sad
I wish you shelter from the, the raging wind
Cooling waters at the fever's end

I wish you peace when times are hard
The light to guide you through the dark
And when storms are high and your, your dreams are low

I wish you the strength to let love grow on,
I wish you the strength to let love flow

16 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

Thanks Patti!!! for a lovely and happy wish.. yes, Peace is what brings along Happiness and Joy..holding hands.. only we have to be ready and willing to embrace them..

God Bless!! Keep sharing and inspiring..

Laura said...

What a beautiful post Patti!!!! I absolutely love that Eagles song too!!!!!! It is a little known gem.

Rita said...

Patti, I hope that this new year will bring you many joys and much happiness in your life. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Patti,
How fortunate we are to have your poetry to inspire us.
Linda C.

beth said...

happy new year patti....
may this year just blow you away with goodness !

SandyCarlson said...

I wish you every joy in the coming year. You deserve it!

anthonynorth said...

Great words for a new year.

Jim said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR PATTI !!!
Here is hoping the best for you!

The person you are 'right now' sounds wonderful! I love your dreams, especially since I am included in your 'all' to be calmed. At Mrs. Jim's Sunday school class New Eve's party I played Apple to Apple. If a card game can calm this is the one. :)
..
I like the Eagles but don't remembe this one. Our classic rock station hasn't been playing it either.
..

ms pie said...

a beautiful and thoughtful post...engaging one's spirit in new hope for the coming year.... the eagles luv em...

Tumblewords: said...

So beautiful - thank you! Wishing you the happiest of 2011!

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks again for this beautiful piece.

The Write Girl said...

Thank you for your New Year's wish. This is very sweet. I wish you a wonderful New Year filled with peace, joy, and happiness.

Tammie Lee said...

I wish you peace too. Lovely post, so full of the ups and downs of life. Wishing you a year full of days that feel wonderful to you.

Sherri B. said...

A lovely and uplifting post. Thank you for sharing!

Geraldine Helen said...

What a lovely holiday post! Thanks for all the beauty you share here patti, many hugs, G

www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Patti, your New Years post filled me up with sunshine. Thanks for such a beautifully written message - I particularly enjoyed how you used "calmed" here. (and thanks for stopping by my Little place!)