Melissa from the blog The Inspired Room (which I love), has asked us to consider the little things that make Christmas special. For me, this season has been rather sad and I feel a little out of sorts for various reasons, but the little things and simple joys do matter and a lot of times they are what gets one through. Here's my list (in no particular order, ), and I encourage you to go over to The Inspired Room and read more lists - then make your own!
1. seeing all of the decorations get put up in the neighborhood
2. listening to Charlie Brown Christmas music (ok- any Christmas music)
3. watching the movie Elf
4. getting together with friends to work on our Christmas cards
5. Starbucks Peppermint mocha
6. going to Chicago to see the big tree at Macy's (it will always be Marshall Fields to me) and the windows and the Kristkindl Market at Daley Plaza
7. the first snowfall of the season
8. the sound of jingle bells
9. Christmas sweaters and jewelery
10. Gingerbread body wash and lotion
11. driving around and looking at lights while driking a #5
12. hearing a choir sing
13. pine boughs and berries
14. holiday surprises that only I know about
15. getting out the Christmas decorations and ornaments and getting lost in their memories
16. the magic of believing in Santa
17. a cold night with the smell of woodsmoke in the air and stars twinkling above
18. The Lame Gift party I have for my friends every year after Christmas
19. the different flavors of Hershey kisses only available at Christmas
20. the last day before Christmas break
21. curling up with a good book with a candle burning and reading by the light of the Christmas tree
22. hearing how others celebrate the holidays
23. playing with my Christmas stamps and supplies
24. family outings/parties and traditions
25. spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family
3 comments:
I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one who loves here camera and is willing to "battle the elements" just to get some photos...at least you got out of the car !!!!
have a fabulous christmas !!
Hi Patti, Great list! Makes me mindful of those little things that mean alot this season! Great pictures too! And I love the ice storm pictures below! How magical and beautiful! Wishing you and your family a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas! ~hugs, Rhonda :)
PATTI,
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
THINKING OF YOU!
ANGELICA
Post a Comment