Have a wonderful week and enjoy all Autumn has to offer!
the beauty of the changing seasons is not wasted on me
the outdoors calls~
the birds' cries
as a faraway rooster crows its welcome
to the day
to the season~
the soft sound of the leaves falling
and occasional crack of a tree limb
an acorn hitting the ground
squirrels at play
chasing each other up and down trees
frolicking in the cusp of autumn
the sun gets into the act as well
spreading it's October gold out
like a blanket to bask on
geese swoop low over the lake
as if kissing it good bye
a crisp chill with
a tinge of woodsmoke dotting the air
the beauty of the changing seasons is not wasted on me
the outdoors calls~
the birds' cries
as a faraway rooster crows its welcome
to the day
to the season~
the soft sound of the leaves falling
and occasional crack of a tree limb
an acorn hitting the ground
squirrels at play
chasing each other up and down trees
frolicking in the cusp of autumn
the sun gets into the act as well
spreading it's October gold out
like a blanket to bask on
geese swoop low over the lake
as if kissing it good bye
a crisp chill with
a tinge of woodsmoke dotting the air
and tickling the senses
two lone beach chairs
left abandoned on the pier
act as sentinels
guarding Summer's memories~
as the descent into Autumn begins...
two lone beach chairs
left abandoned on the pier
act as sentinels
guarding Summer's memories~
as the descent into Autumn begins...
24 comments:
Patti
I loved your reflection on autumn...I am actually going to take a drive to Dekalb and enjoy the colors!!! Your cards are beautiful...when do you find the time????
Mlu
positive message........thanks!
Gorgeous writing!
I love your descent into autumn. I also enjoy your photos.
Even without the photo, your words painted the image so clearly!
Before I even saw the actual photo, the image evoked by your words of two lone, abandoned beach chairs brought to mind a bittersweet feeling. Wonderful thoughts here.
Hi sweet friend ~
That poem is too wonderful! Describes my fall feeling exactly. And those chairs out on the deck..I would love to sit with you out on them and have a lovely conversation about art and poetry and good friends. Have a fabulous Fall week!!!
The two lone beach chairs got to me even before I'd scrolled down and saw the photo. Really, really nice.
just wonderful!!..so full of imagery, reminding me of my last few days! i am loving autumn very much...thank you!
What a gorgeous meditation on how beautiful the autumn is. You drew a gorgeous picture of autumn.
A terrific Autumn reflection. ;o)
Patti,
Truly lovely!
Have a good week.
Angelica
A beautiful reflection. Your words and photos are a lovely match.
Lovely words to welcome Autumn.
" the soft sound of the leaves falling
.. occasional crack of a tree limb
an acorn hitting the ground
a tinge of woodsmoke dotting the air
two lone beach chairs
left abandoned on the pier
.. as sentinels
guarding Summer's memories "~
what imagery !_ like visual art ..
thank u patti ..
Love that picture of the acorns, Patti! I am definitely enjoying fall but apparently I'll be enjoying winter! It's kinda snowing in Montana! Ugh. Wasn't ready for that much of an extreme.
Your writing is always so lovely and comforting. :)
xoxo Happy Autumn!
Oh how I love Fall and all that it has to offer! Beautiful as always Patti!!
http://peerpressurized.blogspot.com/2009/08/gotcha-babble.html
hi patti,
on the aforesaid webpage / blog post i have linked one of ur poem (s) / osi posts , or quoted excerpts therefrom , ( without prior consent ).i hope u don't mind .. / in case u do, please drop a cmnt there ..( is this a clever attempt at promoting the said page? - i believe not ) ..
warm regards ,
This is so beautiful, Patti! Ahhhhhh is what it made me do.
I love your sensibilities!
So...let's do some collage cards some weekend and both post about them...what do you say?
your words take me into the depth of our season. Lovely.
Wonderful reflections. I feel you on this one, summer being so hot, I am glad for its descent.
A beautiful tribute to Autumn. I hear ya...we need to get out and enjoy it before it's gone for another year.
Love the last pic in particular.
Hugs, G
Patti, when you retire you can go sit in those two chairs even when it is cool and breezy.
Sit there even when
"soft sound of the leaves falling"
is over and now
the wind shuffles them along
on the barren snowy ground.
You have told of a Fall that I don't have any more.
..
You seriously get better and better. And you were already so good. Sometimes life just isn't fair. (She says with a small pout.)
Post a Comment