
For different reasons, I have been feeling very sentimental and nostalgic lately and really noticing the passage of time. I have been looking at old pictures and sometimes it cheers me up and sometimes it does not; this time it did not. I am missing many family members from my life at the moment- some who have passed away and some who have left by choice. Life is so very short and we never know how long we have people in our lives for. Please celebrate those who are in your lives and let them know how important they are to you! And let them know how blessed you are that they are a part of your life; as that can change in an instant.

12 comments:
Great photographs, Patti, so reminiscent. I think we've all had those great birthday parties, gathered around the table like that, in the sweet comfort of home. Life is so precious.
Sending you a great big ((((HUG))))!
<<<<>>>>
oops don't know why but the word HUGS is missing from the above message
Patti thanks for stopping by and making me giggle... that is about my 4 blogs!
Old pictures are great at times and like you said at others we get mushy remembering times of yesteryear. Good advice to celebrate those near and dear. Take care.
Patti, you are oh so right. I lost my mom five years ago yesterday and it happened in such a short time. I talked to her the night before at 8 o'clock and at 9:30 they called me and said she was on the way to the hospital. Twenty four hours later she was gone. Enjoy the ones that are in your life! I enjoy your posts. Thanks!
Celebrate, indeed!
funny how all of our old photos look like each others...seriously, I'm sure I was at that party !
okay...and now here's a hug :)
Oh, this post really tugged at my heartstrings! I couldn't agree with you more, re: cherishing those you love. I am missing so many people, already gone. I loved the photos too. I had birthday parties, just like that.
Wonderful, poignant, thank you!
Hugs, G
Patti,
It's wonderful that we have the ability to remember those memories be it happy or sad.
big HUG to you PATTI...
Angelica
Patti
My mom had the same mink stole and long gloves....so much fun shopping for Easter shoes, dresses, gloves and hat!
I also forgot about the glass baby bottles with the black tops!
Thanks for the memories!
Patti,
It never ceases to amaze me for the commonalities we share, probably just because of our generation, but it pleases me...love the pics, are you the cute little blonde? Your advice is wise and true. XOXO Keke
Post a Comment