Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My New BFF

Yes- I have a new BFF...this little Bunny and I have been spending a lot of time together lately. I have been dedicating at least an hour and a half an evening to working on her. She doesn't look too complicated (famous last words) but her dress is taking a long time to stitch. I do like how she is turning out though; pretty colors.



I need to start stitching projects that are NOT part of the season we are currently in. That way I would be "ahead" of the game and not racing to finish something that I won't have the time to display. Hopefully I won't have to change the wording of "Ah 'Tis Spring" to something else because spring has passed!


I am in love with Little Chickies...maybe next year....


The weather in my corner of the world has been beautiful! 60's, sunny...gorgeous (I refuse to listen to the snow warnings for this weekend!). I actually took my stitching outside and sat on the front porch tonight and stitched. It felt so nice as I listened to Maple Street coming back to life. We have a park that is pretty much across the street and I could hear kids playing over there, birds chirping, dogs barking and the occasional train clangs from up the street ( we live down the street from the train that goes to Chicago). I have missed being outside and all the noises that make up my world. Birds are building a nest somewhere near the front door, so every time I moved, the birds flew which set the dogs off inside as they were snuffling at the door. Funny stuff.



The flowers above are from my daughter.

The flowers below are from my friend Lori.
"One can NEVER have enough flowers"..never...never.... ( I know that is a famous saying- I even have the rubber stamp, but not sure who said it). How's YOUR spring going?









11 comments:

Joanne said...

Spring has definitely sprung here at your blog, with all the bunnies, chicks and flowers :)

I know what you mean about the outdoor sounds ... on a warm spring evening, they are so evocative of peaceful, simple times. I don't realize how I miss them until I actually hear them again with the warm weather that draws us outside, sitting on the front stoop, or taking a leisurely walk.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

Rita said...

I understand how you love the outdoor sounds. I was standing outside the other night and told my husband to just listen to the night sounds. They were back and that meant Spring was just around the corner. We didn't hear those sounds this Winter. We have two lots straight across from us full of tall pine trees. Keep trucking, you'll get those cross stitch pictures done! They do take a lot of time and effort, but oh how you enjoy them when they are finished.

Lyneen said...

It is looking great!!!! You are so patient... I don't know if I could take the time to cross stitch. I like things that are finished in an evening!!!! YIKES!

Hey be sure to enter my ephemera giveaway... I am giving away a 1/2 pound of papers and embellishments!!!

Geraldine said...

As crazy as it may sound, I am missing snow and winter still. But I am also looking forward to spring. The flowers are lovely and your needlepoint is coming along nicely. I've done quite a few of these over the years, took me forever but worth it after they are framed and up to enjoy.

Take care and many hugs, G

Lyneen said...

Glad you stopped by... looking at your blog I thought you might like it... Have a great day and GOOD LUCK!

Tammie Lee said...

we have just the hints of spring, I saw my first butterfly and first bear tracks last weekend. Your needlework is charming and must take hours and hours.

beth said...

wait....you've got easter on your mind ?
I guess I should too....but wow, I just can't....maybe I need to eat a bag full of jelly beans....that might do the trick :)

SandyCarlson said...

Your spring is very, very beautiful. I like your work very much!

Jeeves said...

Lovely work. I love the design! The flowers are so soothing!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Oh Patti ~
Your blog is like a little piece of sunshine ~ so bright and cheery! I love to think about and picture you on your porch doing your needlework. Those patterns are adorable and perfect for Spring and you will make them gorgeous I am sure! Blessings!kt

PS~ I adore the wallpaper and header too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.