Hesitations
spaces between words
mean more than the words themselves
hidden agendas
The prompt at OSI this week is "hesitate." Please DON'T hesitate and stop over NOW to see what other poems the talented poets have come up with.
*******************************************
March
a seasonal pause
Mother Nature's hiccupping
spring needs to be sprung!
The above haiku sums up my feelings about March in the Midwest. We always have a potpourri of weather as the seasons hesitate to truly change. When the seasons start to cooperate- it is really worth it!
The pictures below were taken today on my way to work. It was a super foggy morning coming off of 3 days of straight sunshine and warmer temps, and rain yesterday and last night. Much of the snow is gone, but there is some still clinging to the ground.
19 comments:
Your March is like ours here in New England, very dreary. Your photographs though are beautiful, very atmospheric. They remind me of the British moors.
You should always read between the lines.
I really enjoyed your haiku. Your haiku on hesitation certainly rings true and makes me think. I like your photos as well.
Your words are so well said! I enjoy reading every haiku :)
and the pictures are a wee bit haunting! Can't believe you have all of that....hmmm, what do they call all that "cold, white stuff"? ;)
Have a great week!
Denise
My, what beautiful photos. I know that when you live in all that snow, it doesn't seem that way to you, but for us who don't see much of it......it is beautiful.
can you believe this fog ?
at least it's not snow and the weather man just said 50 on sunday....whaaaaat ?
yeah, the pause is more dramatic than the words spoken?
very meaningful haiku here!
I loved both your haikus...the space between words can be the most important place. Great photos!
Loved your haiku. I am one who is not fooled by that sly March. It's not spring yet!
Melanie
The first haiku is so true. You've written it perfectly. The second is wonderful - love the hiccupping! And your photos surely portray a shift of season.
So true about the spaces in conversation. I like your interpretation of this prompt. Rings true...
The thermometer got to 80F here today. That dryed things out pretty good for us.
Teacher, can we plant flowers in those spaces? :)
..
I sure do like your haiku. So true. Those loaded pauses. Took me years to think beyond them.
All over the blog world people are revelling in the beauty of spring. While it is warming up here, no flowers yet. Just a few buds. NEED SPRING!
so true your words about hesitation Patti...!!
Thank you for stopping by and telling me about your mom. That first year is the hardest thing to go through.
I wanted to say "Happy Birthday". I hope you had a wonderful day!
Wow ...such lovely images and poems. The hesitation poem is wonderful
We pay so little attention to the unspoken. Enjoyed your haiku and the photos capture the pause so well.
I love Hesitations, it's perfect and so true. Your in my heart and my prayers, I think of you so often, I so wish we were closer to have coffee on a sunny Saturday morning. XO Keke
Post a Comment