Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Road Trip

Thursday 7 of my girlfriends and I will be Galena bound! It is our Spring Break from school, so we have rented a house in Eagle Ridge Resort for a few days for some much needed R and R. Galena is a beautiful town about 3 hours away from here in the northwest corner of Illinois and is very close to the Mississippi River and to Iowa; home of General Ulysses Grant. It is a gorgeous old town with lots of mid 1800's buildings and homes set amongst the hills. The scenery is pretty, it is historic, and there's plenty of shopping as well as having a wonderful winery, so it pretty much has it all. We plan on hanging out, watching movies, fonduing, shopping, and enjoying the house and the resort. We all are very good friends and have traveled together before so having fun and lots of laughter will definitely be on the agenda as well as easy camaraderie. I have been to Galena many times before, but it is always fun to see if any changes have been made in the town. Below are some pictures from my last trip a few years ago.









14 comments:

Joanne said...

A Girls' Weekend Out is always exciting. This one sounds fun-filled. What a great way to recharge and relax ... enjoy!

beth said...

i love galena and the cobble stoned streets !
and it makes me laugh to think that even though it's in illinois and so are you, that I'm closer to it here in wisconsin, than you are.....neener neener :)

have the BEST time !

Ranae said...

Galena is beautiful. I live 1-15 min. east. You will have to stop in at the Timeless Needle.
Have fun

Keke said...

Hurray for YOU! Well deserved and long over due! I hope you have a blast and angels on your bumpers. It sounds absolutely lovely.
XO Keke

Rita said...

Girl trips are ALWAYS fun! Have a good time!

Polka Dot Moon said...

A well deserved Spring Break for you! Have a fabulous time with your friends :)
Denise

SandyCarlson said...

What an awesome thing to do. Getting out of town is key. What a beautiful place.

Unknown said...

Have fun in Galena! We're glad to have you. Stop by our Welcome Center on Commerce St. or go to www.visitgalena.org for info. if you have questions.

Geraldine said...

Have a wonderful, safe trip!

Short Poems said...

Have a wonderful time, enjoy it :)

Marinela

Michelle said...

So jealous! Hope you are having a wonderful time! The town sounds so quaint and sweet. :)

xoxo

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Have fun!!!!!!

Susan Tuttle said...

what fun -- have a great time!

Relyn Lawson said...

We have a Galena near here and I almost had a heart attack when I read that. I was SO coming to meet you. Bummer.

Sounds like another place to add to my "to travel" list. I wish I were going on a girlfriend trip with you.