I love when the Whimsical appear in the otherwise Ordinary world. Case in Point; the sheep grazing about a 1/2 mile from my school in the very suburban world of Chicago. Palos Park is full of forest preserves home to The Center and the The Children's Farm as well. I love when I drive by and can see the sheep out roaming around- it just makes me happy!
Speaking of Vera Bradley... I LOVE that stuff and am totally addicted and live out of it for everything from purses to book and tote bags, including my mouse pad at school! My friend, her sister and daughter went down to the Vera Bradley Semi Annual Sale in Fort Wayne Indiana and brought back TONS of stuff, which was then hauled into school this morning for our Shopportunity at rock bottom prices! LOVE IT! Talk about a double win- shopping at school and the prices...gotta love it! And more is coming in on Mon. Whoo Hoo! 
Remember the book giveaway that Susan Tuttle had going on her site? I WON!!! (insert MAJOR Happy Dance). I am a HUGE Susan Fan; ADORE her photography, and have her other book and all the magazines she has been published in, so to win her book was such excitement! One of my (many) Summer goals is to really, really try and devote time to learn the art of photo editing and layers and such. I have Photoshop and with Susan's book and lots of cross referencing my 2 favorite photographers- Susan and Beth, I hope to learn something- at least what layering is! And then, and only then, will I feel worthy enough to dare to sign up for one of Susan's on-line photo workshops!

Finally, two of my friends have started blogs in the last few days. If you get a chance, stop on over here and here to check them out!
10 comments:
Okay, that bff bunny was so worth your efforts. Very charming!! And I have a Vera Bradley tote that I just love. I use it to bring my writing with me when I sometimes work on campus, tucking in my writing journal, flash drives, pens, keys, sunglasses. It's perfect for my on the go things. Hope you picked up some good buys!
I love your bunny. That should get me motivated to get going on her. I could possibly have her finished for next Spring. I think the project looks best with the words as we talked about on Tuesday. I really enjoyed our stiching. I look forward to the next Thursday.
Lots of excitement here today!!! Love all of your stitching pursuits (as you know since I was sitting right next to you!!!). Love the Vera palooze you have going on!!! Congrats on winning that book!!!!! I am about 4 chapters in on the new Elizabeth book and it is super fantastic!!!!
I was sitting next to you on Tuesday and saw bunny being finished. So cute!!!!
Can't wait to see what Vera's you got. I splurged on a new one too....went to Oak Brook and got a new tote in the new Day & Night pattern.
Patti ~ such a fun post ~ and to think I was there when she was finished ~ you should be so proud you stuck with it till the end ~ I think you were talking about me starting so many projects and never finishing anything LOL
Your bunny is amazing, very well done :)
Cute Bunny, that! Very well created.. just like your writeups.. keep weaving, stitching happiness..
I am glad you got your bunny done. I had to laugh...I call the house next door to us, the house from hell....it is always something over there...it never ends! 3 owners, still crazy....
frustration comes in various forms doesn't it. btw, the pic of you and your mom is precious and your journal notes are very moving!!
I sure do love that bunny!
You won Digital Expressions?? I am so excited for you!! I plan to take her next class. Not the one that starts on the 23rd, my inlaws will be in town. The next one. Let me know about the book, won't you? I'm so excited because I got Adobe Photoshop Elements for Mother's Day!!
Now, I'm off to meet your friends and welcome them to blogland.
Post a Comment