Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tremble

This week's OSI prompt it tremble. Please check the site and see how others interpreted this prompt.


that look meant for me
can just make my insides melt
anticipation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all starts with an indefinable change
as something shifts
in the pressure~
as the anticipation;
an ominous foreboding
of things about to begin
as darkness and gloom descend

the howling begins
as refuge is sought for those trembling,
or not,
in the case of those who relish
this cataclysmic event
and prefer to to stand tough,
exposed and raw,
and ride it out to the bitter end
drawing on its fury and
unleashed energies

As (Nature's) tears begin to fall
slowly at first
then quicker and steadier
in earnest
and full of intent
hoping to cleanse away
pessimism
mistrust
jealousy
melancholy
occasionally punctuated
with the exclamation marks
of a boom of thunder
and the crack of lightning

suddenly all abates
and is
still

still and calm and sated
all energies are spent
and there is nothing left to give
refreshed
and renewed
the light slowly returns



Even though this picture really doesn't have too much to do with the prompt, I took it through the lens of a garden kaleidoscope - I thought it was very cool.


Thank you all for the comments and I hope you have a wonderful week!

20 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

and there is nothing left to give
refreshed and renewed the light slowly returns... wow! beautiful lines.. you glow!

Laura said...

Wow! You have captured tremble perfectly. You really are an amazing wordsmith!!!!

Tammie Lee said...

the anticipation was wonderful, lovely poem and photo>

Joanne said...

I love your kaleidoscope photograph, what beautiful images to look at through that lens. Very pretty. Have a great week too :)

SandyCarlson said...

I felt the anticipation, too. That was an exciting poem.

Jim said...

A natural change can be earth shaking. Shake things up good while we all stand and watch in awe.
That process via human interaction goes on for personal physical or psyche makeup changes as well.
I like the way you have interchanged them in your poem.
..

Tumblewords: said...

I love this. Love it. AND the photo is stunning. It's at once known and unknown.

Michelle said...

Everytime I come by and read your posts..they move me EVERYTIME! Loved the 'tremble" you created in this one as well. Amazing! Hope you are doing well dear friend!

xoxo

Vinay Leo R. said...

wonderful anticipation!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mojo said...

On the image, you thought right. It is very cool.

I loved both of these, especially when framed by the context of the thunderstorms that passed through here last night. There's something just elementally beautiful in those displays.

Rallentanda said...

It reminded me of a tropical thunderstorm.I miss the tropics.
Good poem Patti.

Sandra.if said...

"melt anticipation"...good!!

brenda w said...

Images and sounds galore.....I can feel the atmospheric shift. Nicely done!

Tammy Brierly said...

Yes,yes,yes! Bravo

Kathie Brown said...

The affects of a thunder storm both real and metaphorical can be severe! Love the photo.

Amity said...

Hi Patti;

From the beautiful haiku that makes one tremble to the poem laced with much anticipation, i enjoyed every bit of it!

lovely as always!

Anonymous said...

Loved both of the poems.
Awesome photo, too.

I guess the way you see things is what makes you an artist!

JP/deb said...

love how you captured that atmospheric change! peace, JP/deb

Relyn Lawson said...

The picture is phenomenal. I would LOVE to be able to see a garden kaleidoscope. I really would. Where were you?