Monday, May 3, 2010

Enigma


Enigma: definition:
One that is puzzling, ambiguous, or inexplicable.
A perplexing speech or text; a riddle.


Everyone says you're so calm

Nobody see's what lies beneath

Inside the creature rages

Grappling to get out

Maybe you should release the beast

Annihilate your sea of tranquility


*************************************




Seasons change
one into another
usually seamlessly~
blending
their moods
and uniqueness~
predictabililty
being the key-
But Mother Nature,
being the mysterious,
enigmatic soul
that She is...
can sometimes throw a curve-
a change that wasn't predicted
or forecasted...
and it wreaks havoc
and destruction
on all those unknowing~
never knowing what hit them
and why!


Enigma is the prompt at OSI this week. Please visit the other poets and see how they interpreted this prompt.

Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for all the visits and comments!

21 comments:

Laura said...

Love these poems. Enigma, in particular, speaks to me. Let me just say, I know what you mean!!!!!

Rita said...

Mother Nature can throw you a curve, can't she? Have a great day, Patti!

Rallentanda said...

I am all for releasing the beast.
A constant sea of tranquillity is usually only accomplished by medication and is highly unnatural.

beth said...

whoa....is that you in that first poem ?
if it is....YES, let that beast out !

beth said...

uppipsup.....was my word verification.....i thought it funny if you say it.....

up-ip-sup

or

upip-sup

or

uppips-up

or

u-pippsup

now i have the hiccups :)

Tammy Brierly said...

Such variety and beautiful poetry framed by that beautiful song. I want to stay. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific poetry for enigma prompt. It's just one mystery/riddle after another! :)

Relyn Lawson said...

You have such a talent, my friend. And that word is my favorite word. Love it!

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for these. You have me thinking about the persona and the person.

Amity said...

These poems are sure a typical showcase of an enigma!

Nature's wrath? Yeah, we do not know what to expect...

Human's mystery? Don't judge the book by its cover so they say, coz we don't know what's in his inner self!

All exemplary rendition of an enigma!

Susan Tuttle said...

Patti -- you are the winner of my giveaway contest!! Congratulations!!! I just need your address so I can send you a copy of the book. Email me at susantuttle36@gmail.com

:)))

Anonymous said...

So true, but that is what makes life interesting. We enjoyed a nice storm last evening, the first one of spring.

beth said...

you won you won you won.....over at susan tuttles blog.....you won !!!

Quiet Paths said...

I always enjoy your Acrostics - and ah, the mysterious Mother never seems to dress quite the same way twice.

teresa said...

Hi Patti

Your blog is so thought provoking! Glad I found it again! Guess what I was doing this morning ~ let me know what you think / Terry

Short Poems said...

Lovely poems, I love the way you write. Have fun writing Patti :)

marinela x

Aayushi Mehta said...

Wonderful work with both, I totally loved the Acrostic. This is the first time am visiting your blog, and I quite love it.
Look forward to reading you.

SandyCarlson said...

I like your acrostic very much. I have felt that way often.

Ramesh Sood said...

I loved the lines.. ...release the beast.. annihilate your sea of tranquility...

Thanks Patti for visiting me..let us continue to expand this beautiful world of thoughts..

Loch Rob said...

I enjoyed your poem and acrostic very much. There's some truth in your words for all of us.

JUST ME said...

MY favorite the first one of course ENIGMA.......

You take the words right out of my mouth.....

angie