Saturday, May 22, 2010

Floating

image found here

floating and drifting
white puffs blowing lazily
Spring's cotton snowflakes


*****************************************************


I'm floating on the brink
of something
Big
Huge- in fact
Something is ending
and there is a
New Beginning~
I feel a sort of peace
I have not felt for a long time
much excitement-
Anticipation, really~
an inner brilliance
to my feelings and days.
no longer a slave
trying to please others
I can follow
my own pursuits
unselfishly
No more pretending
everything is fine
and I'm happy to be
there
I can be myself
without reservations
Here.
I will miss
the shared confidences with Friends
who knew
who understood
who supported~
but those Friends
will still be
Here
along with me
just in a Different Place...

This week's prompt at OSI is "floating." Please float on over there to see others' interpretations of this prompt. Have a wonderful week and I, as always, appreciate all the comments!





18 comments:

anthonynorth said...

A great sense of expectation to this. Excellent.

teresa said...

nice work, Patti ~ your poetry always gets me thinking / Terry

Ramesh Sood said...

New beginning and feeling a sort of peace.. beautiful poem.. I floated in the world of imagination..

brenda w said...

I especially love the haiku, but then cottonwood does not make me sneeze. :) Beginnings always have endings, ending beginnings...nice work!

Joanne said...

Your words definitely are floating with anticipation, in a very positive way :)

Sherri B. said...

It's always wonderful to be on the brink of something positive and exciting...great haiku, too!

Tumblewords: said...

Sounds like a wonderfully serene place! I love the Haiku prologue!

SandyCarlson said...

That is a beautiful celebration of freedom!

beth said...

thinking of you sweetie !
waiting to see what the future brings for you.....

Aayushi Mehta said...

Loved them both!

gautami tripathy said...

It flows flawlessly.

Tentacles

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What a beautifully written poem and the photo is perfect. Please tell us you're not leaving us dear because I would miss you so much!

Your words to me this morning were poetry to my ears, you always seem to know just what I need to hear. It is so good to know you and to know you get me. I hope I do the same for you dear friend.

rallentanda said...

I think there comes a time in life where one has to devote some time exclusively to one's self.I have come to the conclusion that one's best nurturer is one's self. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

My porch is covered in small white petals from the wild cherry tree today! Love that short piece.

The best of luck and happiness to you on your new path.

hoff said...

Beautifully written Patti

Anonymous said...

Patti.

You are just so good with words.

You are admirable.

Angie

Quiet Paths said...

I cannot wait to see the butterfly emerge...

Relyn Lawson said...

Today I am floating lazily from blog to blog. Stopping briefly to say hello before I drift on by.