This is my view when I sit in the chair. Usually there is a dog or two up with whomever is up here to add to the coziness. The green trunk was my dad's WW2 Army trunk.
This is Mike's ONE shelf in the house (see Angie- I wasn't kidding). He likes decoys (SO not a part of MY decorating scheme) and old cameras. The camera on the left was his Grandpa's, the one in the middle was his dad's and the one on the right was my dad's. If they could only talk, I am sure those cameras would have stories to tell about the pictures they have taken!
This little green hutch is on the other side of the upstairs hallway. My dad made it for me when I was about 4 years old for my "house" corner. Molly also used it to play with when she was little. It is perfect addition to the upstairs now.
This is my other favorite spot to hang out in and read; the corner of the living room. The rocker is so comfy and I love that it is at the window so I can see what's going on outside (no I am really not a "Gladys Kravetts"). Because we are the center house in our cul-de-sac, there is a small sense of being somewhat secluded as "across the street" is pretty far and with our angle, our front yard and porch is about all we see from looking out the window. It's nice.
The view out the front window from the rocker is of part of the front porch. Under the front window and the snow are evergreens that birds love to stay warm in (that drives Lady nuts!). There are also always squirrels running on the ledges of the porch taunting Lady.
What are the cozy spots where YOU live???
9 comments:
How absolutely wonderful!!! I love cozy spots too. I don't have any in my house right now (except for my bed). I think I will try to create one today!!!! Your upstairs reading room is just perfect! What a great place to snuggle in. I love listening to rain too!
Hi Patti,
Thanks for visiting my blog - now I've had the opportunity to see yours! It is wonderful. Thanks for the nice comment about my banner. I just loved that painting. I wish I still had it. I really like the church in your banner. It does look very medieval and European. Gotta run, but I'll visit again soon.
I love hearing about your cozy spots. I want to come to your house and curl up in that cozy reading corner. I'd bring a winter book like The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.
As to cozy corners of my own. We don't really have any. Our house is small. Small. Which is fine, but not very cornerish. It is however, very cozy.
Patti,
Thanks for sharing... Looks very cozy and friend friendly....can I come over????
Thanks again for sharing such a great relaxing space.
Angelica
such a nice wonderful little nook you have...so filled with memories thats really nice... :)
i have a few chairs at home that i love to burrow in with either a sketch pad or a good book!
I can so relate to your love of 'cozy corners' Is there anything better than curling up with a great book and a hot cup of coffee, sitting in a great nook!
Sending a big hug your way. I read your comment re: your mom. So very sorry. Hugs, G
Oh what sweet cozy spots! I love your hutch and your dogs are so adorable, Patti!
I miss our little loft that we had in out townhouse in st.louis....it was also a tiny space, strange space, upstairs where the stairs went one way and the ceiling another....but I loved it !!!
here in this house, I have a cozy spot in my office for when I really need to get away, but I also love our extra deep couch in the main family room that I feel cozy in as it tends to wrap itself around me.
our cottage is tiny...so anyplace there is cozy !!
{and what did I spy with my little eyes on your bookshelves...hmmm, some cool old cameras !!!...have you used the box one to shoot "thru the view finder?"}
Oh those are lovely cozy spots. Mine is the chair where I can put my feet right on the floor vent!
Post a Comment