Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No two words elicit as much gleeful excitement as the words "SNOW DAY!" Snow days are a totally unexpected pleasure and should be treated as such. Everyone should have the experience now and then to be totally excused of any obligations. I don't know who is more excited; the kids or the teachers! Yes, my school district has declared tomorrow a snow day and actually called off school as early as 4:00 the day before. After slogging to school this morning in horrible snowy conditions and having about 8 inches of snow fall during the day, we are now expecting high temperatures over the next two days to be around -1 with wind chills around 30 below. Brrr! This early cancellation is a nice treat since usually I am up around 4:30 watching the horrible weather unfold and looking for my district number to be scrolling across the bottom of the screen. Don't have to do that tomorrow. I'm planning on sleeping in! Needless to say another member of the household whose school has not cancelled is not so joyful.

My perfect snow day will be spent sleeping late maybe getting up in time for Oprah (9:00 in Chicago), doing some stamping and reading and curling up on the couch for a little cozy afternoon nap. Possibly baking something- maybe cupcakes....I can't wait! Oh, sharing my snow day and keeping me company will be my furry friends. Abby hates being outside for any length of time and always tries to find the dry spot outside (which is currently a spot under our boat in the driveway). As soon as she tiptoes outside she woofs to come in. Lady, on the other hand loves to be outside in any weather and will disappear into the backyard and be impossible to get back in. But that's ok- the backyard is the farthest place I plan on venturing tomorrow.








7 comments:

Laura said...

Have fun!!!!

I am up right now at 7 a.m. getting ready to brave the elements.....

I bet you are still cozy under covers!!!!!! Enjoy!

JUST ME said...

Hello Patti,

I hope you are surviving our cold weather. My boys did not go to school today and stayed home with dad. Thinking of you!

Stay warm

beth said...

I do think parents love snow days just as much {if not more} than the kids !!! and of course my guy was home today, too !!

warm hugs to you !!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

I loved Snow Days!!! Wish they'd do that for the days when the temps are triple digits!!

Hope you enjoy'd your day :)
Denise

The Muse said...

love your header!!!

And oh my gosh is your puppy too cute or what!!!

Sugar Bear said...

Snow days are fabulous - esp. in this awful cold. Stay nice and warm!
Karla

Relyn Lawson said...

Patti,

I am ready with your interview questions, but I don't have your email address. Will you please send it to me? You can find my email on my blog profile page. Thanks.