Wednesday, January 28, 2009

OSI- If Only I Had Time


This week's theme/prompt over at One Single Impression is "If I Only Had Time"


They say "time flies"
and I would have to agree
so...
wouldn't it be wonderful
if time were like little fireflies
flickering, flitting
enticing us
as they danced and darted
through the thickening twilight~
Then we could capture them
and keep them in a jar
and let them go
when we needed a little extra time?

*******************************

Priorities

If I only had time
I would
grade all my school papers
clean the house
make a home-cooked meal
do the pile of laundry

But I can't
because
I have to write these poems
I need to check in on my favorite blogs
there might be something new on ebay
I need to forward some jokes from e-mail

**********************************

I wish there's more time
what an elastic concept
there's never enough

********************************

Just a thought...
Too bad time is not like
rollover cell phone minutes.
They could be saved up
and used all at once
or spread out
to use if we were running late or
needed more time for a special project
or used for those special perfect moments
when we wish
time could stand still
or they could be used for
a little more time with a loved one before they were gone
Just a thought...








15 comments:

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Patti,
I think you covered everything ... and I couldn't agree more. You have given me a new way of thinking about time ...

"Just a thought...
Too bad time is not like
rollover cell phone minutes."


Now this would be so acceptable to me!

beth said...

yeah...where does all that time go to anyway ??

I agree with amias, I think rollover minutes would be perfect !!!

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, where does it go? And Why so fast? Nice post...lovely photos.

SandyCarlson said...

I like your attitude toward time. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing with OSI.

The Muse said...

oh Patti ... i believe you have said it all !

Charlottesville House said...

Patti,
I think you crawled inside my brain when you wrote "Priorities". You are cut from a very familiar piece of fabric!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Patti,
Your words are perfect and I think you need to be published!!! I would love to bottle up some time and remember all the little moments with the little ones :)
Have a fabulous Thursday! I do hope you are not freezing back there! Yikes - the weather looks treacherous!
Denise

Kilauea Poetry said...

I wish that to sometimes...if we could just hold it. I do think its a matter of priorities though. Nice.

Michelle said...

Patti, these were such lovely poems! You are such a wonderful and meaningful writer! It makes me think twice about a few things in my life. :)

Anonymous said...

enjoyed all of these- truth, humor and imagination all spun together
"time like little fireflies" (lovely image)
and "elastic concept"

Maggie said...

Instead of roll over minutes...I would be greedy and desire roll over years.

I enjoyed the time spent here.

The Muse said...

A set decorator? oooo that is just delightful! I bet you would be great at that! :)

Pearl said...

Elastic priorities snap back with a sting by times alright.

Relyn Lawson said...

I think the picture at the top of this post is really neat. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

Sloane Lawson said...

Oops. My Mom messed up. That last comment was really from me.