Poetry!
3 small syllables
standing in for a world of
imagery,
feelings,
and introspection
If I had my choice of teaching subject matter- I would chose poetry coupled with art/photography projects- that would be heaven for me! Unfortunately I can't choose, but I do try and fit in poetry as much as I can with our novels and literature units usually accompanied by much moaning and groaning. I absolutely adore poems and love to write and teach them, however, the 13 and 14 year old boys that I work with don't always share the same view. But I still try... and sometimes it clicks and what we get is wonderful (but don't tell the boys that)!
I found this blog, One Single Impression that gives a weekly theme and the writer can interpret the theme with haiku or any other form of poetry. So I jumped in...
3 small syllables
standing in for a world of
imagery,
feelings,
and introspection
If I had my choice of teaching subject matter- I would chose poetry coupled with art/photography projects- that would be heaven for me! Unfortunately I can't choose, but I do try and fit in poetry as much as I can with our novels and literature units usually accompanied by much moaning and groaning. I absolutely adore poems and love to write and teach them, however, the 13 and 14 year old boys that I work with don't always share the same view. But I still try... and sometimes it clicks and what we get is wonderful (but don't tell the boys that)!
I found this blog, One Single Impression that gives a weekly theme and the writer can interpret the theme with haiku or any other form of poetry. So I jumped in...
This week's theme is .... Fading Memories....Here are a few of the haiku interpretations I wrote on this prompt. If you enjoy poetry, please visit this blog and see what the other amazing writers came up with!
Antique photographs
capture a long ago time
someone's family
*******************
Aging is scary
remembering used to be easy
now, not so much
*****************
Old dusty journal
a lifetime locked deep inside
preserves the writer
*******************
In the depth of winter
summer's just a memory
frozen in our mind
****************
A teenager's life
yesterday just a baby
when did she grow up?
She once needed me
to feed and take care of her
now wants to fly free
The little girl's gone
memories are all we have
of the child she was
17 comments:
These are beautiful reflections on the nature and importance of memory. Great stuff. Thanks for joining us.
.."someone's family"_
two little words that have so much to say..(lovely picture)_
many thanks for sharing this..
Oh. So good. And, so brave. My poetry STINKS! I love that you share yours and have a passion for it. Be well.
i too love to couple the written word with the visual.
thank you for sharing your words!
xo
Oh these are delightful ... my personal favorite ...
"In the depth of winter
summer's just a memory
frozen in our mind"
Lovely work!
Summers just a memory...it appears to be so. Very nice-
Perfect!
Karla
NICELY DONE :)
Very nicely done!
I can relate to number 2! Love them all.
did you get my email ?
if not, it might have gone to your spam....
Ohmigosh, Patti those are beautiful! Great site too. I loved the one about aging. I can so relate!
Hi Patti, welcome. I like these, probably your little girl grown up the best.
When I was in was in school they didn't teach poetry, or at least I can't remember that.
..
I just have fun with the prompts, I am not very good with poetry (remember, couldn't learn it in school).
..
That's neat...I'll have to see that blog. xo rachel
you haiku are really nice. I liked them
Fabulous! Thanks for sharing some wonderful blogs!!
Denise
(p.s. I was reading some of your profile and we have a lot in common!)
Wow! This is so cool! Great poetry and photo. Absolutely love it!
Post a Comment