On a good day I really love my job; teaching and the kids. BUT on a day like today when I have spent the majority of the day (and the previous last 2 nights and anticipating most nights to come in the next week and weekend to come) working on goals and updates and entering data and making lists of what I still HAVE to do and what can be done by somebody else and what information I still need and e-mails to different people to get that info and learning a new computer program that has all kinds of glitches (and BIG red X's that pop up when you do something wrong- which I have been seeing a lot of) and the most
oxymoronish name in the world: Easy
IEP... not so much- or at least this aspect of it. I tend to get cranky! And bored. And resentful! And distracted! (bad combinations...). I feel like my bottom is glued to the chair and has taken on a
permanent chair imprint. I need a change of scenery!
So... here's what I would rather be doing instead...





Anyway...just venting-and this will pass- it is ALWAYS like this at this time of the year. Half of the yearbook is due (already done- that went in last weekend) and Annual Reviews. Always end of January and beginning of February. Lucky I am NOT a procrastinator or I would REALLY be in trouble. Back to work...
7 comments:
stamping, reading, blogging, sleeping!!!!!!!! Love those things too. Hope you get to at least curl up with your J.P. book!!!!!
this is your place to vent....so blow it out...we're here for you!!!
and that "change of heart" by jodi....on my list to buy tomorrow!
Patti,
Wow I have missed a lot on your blog. Hang in there and I hope you are having a work free weekend even though I know you said you will be very busy. Remember to take some time out for yourself.
Peace,
Angelica
I am a procrastinator, but thank God, I don't have to write IEPs. One of my friends from work dubbed me a procrastinating perfectionist. Maybe that's why I don't get much "art" created. No deadlines. I even impose faux deadlines on my blog to keep me on top of things. Enjoy Jodi. My favorite of hers in Plain Truth. What's yours?
Are you in special ed? I used to write IEP's...before I became a fulltime artist.
Hope things improve. It's so hard to learn new programs when those glitches occur! Argh! Come over to my place and look at pretty photos for a change in scenery. :)
Oh, I like JP's lit as well!
Just finished an excellent read by John Groggan: The Longest Trip Home
Hi Patti!! Getting caught up on my blog reading. I can definitely relate to you right here on this post except that I have slept a lot lately...I still love it! I absolutely love the author Jodi Picoult. She was such heart-warming tales...and so real when she writes.
Post a Comment