Wednesday, January 7, 2009



The following link to the You Tube video Transcending: Words on Women from Kelly Corrigan's book The Middle Place has been circling around the e-mail circuit lately. Every time I see it, I cry. If you haven't had the wonderful opportunity to see this video and hear the very gifted author, Kelly, read from her memoir, The Middle Place, please take the time to do it now- and make sure you have kleenex handy.



I am so blessed and fortunate to have many circles of friends who have touched my life. Some of the circles are wide with lots of space between them and some are small and tight. It doesn't matter the size. These circles are made up of my friends, whom I love. We may not be in constant touch with each other or we may talk or see each other every day. It doesn't matter- I know where they are. Age doesn't matter- distance doesn't matter. It doesn't even matter that some of my friends I have not physically met but met and made a connection through blogging. But each and every friend is in my life for a reason and have touched and enriched my life in some way. Whether we share years of memories, or just moments, each friend is special. We cry over losses, laugh outrageously till it hurts over silly things and memories, give pep talks during the down times, share interests, recipes, confidences; achievements, joys and heartaches. Sometimes the friends from my different circles intersect and when that happens, a new circle forms or one gets bigger- how cool is that?!



I am who I am because of my friends- thank you for being there for me!



Cheers to circles of friendships both old and new!


by Harry Chapin


All my life's a circle;


Sunrise and sundown;

Moon rolls thru the nighttime;


Till the daybreak comes around.


All my life's a circle;


But I can't tell you why;


Season's spinning round again;


The years keep rollin' by.


It seems like I've been here before;


I can't remember when;


But I have this funny feeling;


That we'll all be together again.


straight lines make up my life;


And all my roads have bends;


There's no clear-cut beginnings;


And so far no dead-ends.


I found you a thousand times;


I guess you done the same

But then we lose each other;


It's like a children's game;


As I find you here again;


A thought runs through my mind;


Our love is like a circle;


Let's go 'round one more time.


















































8 comments:

JUST ME said...

Hello Patti,

Hope you are having a great week. Don't worry it's almost Friday. We did receive some snow here on my side of IL. They just said the sun would be out tomorrow. I hope so. You have a great day tomorrow and if you lived closer I would borrow you THE DUCHESS...

You take care! :)

Angelica Torrez

beth said...

ohhhh, yes !!! I did watch this reading by kelly and the tears came easily....

and now I have the book, it's calling my name...but will have to wait until next week !!!

and thanks to blogging friends, our circles have gotten even bigger !!!

Anonymous said...

Patti
Thanks for being such a great friend! I enjoy reading your blog after a crazy day at school! Your choice of music is incredible and I loved the Harry C. video!!
Love,
Mary Lou

JUST ME said...

Patti,

Please let me know if you need any rayon seam binding or some old rick rack or maybe just a care package of paper. I would love to send it to you if you would like. I really do not have any room for a lot of my art supplies. I will be needing to get rid of a lot.

Angelica

The Muse said...

poignant and moving...something i like to see on any day :)

Michelle said...

Patti, what a wonderful post about friendship. I couldn't agree with you more!! :) I haven't seen the reading by Kelly. I'm going to have to go see it now...I'm sure I will cry. If anyone cries about anything, I cry more. Lol!

Susan Tuttle said...

What a beautiful post Patti -- the sentiment is so special. Thank you also for sharing the link -- I look forward to checking it out.

Susan
xo

Relyn Lawson said...

I cried when I listened to Kelly, as well. There is just nothing like a circle of women friends, is there? I think I need to go and read Talk Before Sleep now.