Tomorrow school starts back up after 2 wonderfully full weeks of being off filled with a whirlwind and flurry of people and activities. I did and saw and played all kinds of things and ways. There were parties and get-togethers with family and friends and I would not have wanted to change a thing. There was even a rock concert we attended last night. We had 3rd row seats and went out to dinner after with friends at an extremely loud restaurant- our ears ringing the whole time. So yes- I am craving silence. I will blast into Monday with a sense of "I never left," bombarded with the same issues that were left 2 weeks ago as well as at least 2 new ones that have cropped up in the meantime and need to be dealt with immediately. There is a guarantee that tomorrow will be a "no silence zone." So, I will enjoy the time that I have and revel in the silence that this time brings to refresh myself for what tomorrow will bring.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Tomorrow school starts back up after 2 wonderfully full weeks of being off filled with a whirlwind and flurry of people and activities. I did and saw and played all kinds of things and ways. There were parties and get-togethers with family and friends and I would not have wanted to change a thing. There was even a rock concert we attended last night. We had 3rd row seats and went out to dinner after with friends at an extremely loud restaurant- our ears ringing the whole time. So yes- I am craving silence. I will blast into Monday with a sense of "I never left," bombarded with the same issues that were left 2 weeks ago as well as at least 2 new ones that have cropped up in the meantime and need to be dealt with immediately. There is a guarantee that tomorrow will be a "no silence zone." So, I will enjoy the time that I have and revel in the silence that this time brings to refresh myself for what tomorrow will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love the sound of a quiet house!! Although we are blasting the tunes today as we do some house cleaning.
Who did you see last night??????
What a lovely post! I've had the absolute pleasure of being off from work for almost two weeks. It's been a bit difficult knowing what lies ahead of me tomorrow when I return to CAOS. I am enjoying the last bits of the quiet evening as well. Ahhhh.... life!
Take care and happy new year!!
Holly
Peace and quiet is a bit of a rare treasure around here. I enjoy it when I have it, then I miss the coos, giggles and "MAAAAHHHHM"!
Happy New Year!
Patti,
I hope you got your quiet time before school started back today.
Peace to you!
Angelica
silence... one of the most beautiful things i can think of.
Thank you for your sweet comment.
xoxo
Oh Patti, I think snow is just beautiful...it's just such a hassle! I'm glad we're done with that, at least for now. ;)
Somtimes the quiet is a blessed thing isn't it.
it appears the woodland would be inviting right about now :)
Beautiful pictures! One day I will visit Michigan. That's where you are, right? I have been dying to spend some time on Mackinac Island!!
Post a Comment