Today is Mike's birthday, so he got to pick what he wanted to do. He had some birthday money burning a hole in his pocket so we decided to go out to lunch, and go shopping (to help stimulate the economy of course). Being that the weather in Chicago was a balmy 50 something degrees out, we chose a somewhat nearby outdoor promenade type of shopping center. Our first stop after a delicious lunch was to Bass pro Shop/Outdoor World. What a cool store! Not being a real "outdoors girl" I even found things to like in it. Mike, however was in heaven. The decor inside is very awesome (including the bathrooms); it's almost Disney-esque with the attention to details with the decor. Mike spent his birthday money on boat stuff- life jackets and a towrope for tubing- we were looking for some tubes but couldn't find any. Around this "mall" there were all kinds of shops to satisfy everyone's whims, including an awesome Barnes and Noble and Hollister, Pac Sun and Game Stop for Molly. All in all, a fun day. With the weather being so nice- there were lots of people out milling around- it was nice to see and it was nice to be outside enjoying the weather. Even though I know this was just a weather fluke and was kind of a teaser, it makes me crave :
.... Michigan sunsets...
4 comments:
Yes, I'm craving those kind of views too. Can't wait for Spring! xo rachel
we were outside as much as we could be today, too...49 degrees was the high here....and I'll have pics posted tomorrow to show you just a little of what we did :)
Hey Patti, we do that year-round where I live (Montgomery, Texas--on Lake Conroe). Some days are a little cool but still the boaters go out. We don't live on the lake but do have a golf course for back yard.
I'll keep peeking to see if you're goint to do an OSI this week. Last week's was good!
..
What a marvelous day. Wonderful words, inviting pictures, too. Happy, happy birthday to Mike!
Post a Comment