Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I would like to thank everyone who left such positive, encouraging comments on my OSI post last week. I really appreciate all your kind words about creativity. Poetry is so personal, and sometimes hard to share, but you all have been so kind! I know I am definitely out of my league with all the talented poets over at OSI, but I really enjoy coming up with poetry each week for the prompts. With that being said, this week's prompt is spectral-a topic that I can NOT get enough of. I am drawn toward the paranormal and love this topic - the mysteries, the unknown...the possibilities...; a Piscean trait perhaps...





Night falls all around
windy clouds scud past the moon
anticipation

old abandoned house
mysteries lie deep inside
shrouded in the mist

spectral images
fog swirling; some mournful cries
pierce the pitch black night

footsteps on the stairs
I look but nobody's there
ghostly visitor

face at the window
curtains stir without a breeze
is this in my mind?

the house is alive
filled with pervading auras
doomed souls dwell within




a candle flickers
lonely image in my mind
shadows on my heart
**************************************

Spiritual Possibilities

Who are you now?
Who were you then?
Who will you be next?
Will I see you again?
How will I know it's you?
****************************************************

Awaken to the possibilities
of the reality of my dreams
My heart cries out to you~
This can't be all there is...
Whispers of footsteps receding
lonely once more
alone
**************************************
Ghosts of distant memories
Come to me in my dreams
Across vast time and space
Connect me
to my former self
*******************************************
A lonely graveyard
who we think are gone are not!
spectral playground











22 comments:

Bruce Miller said...

love the graveyard thru the fence

for me this kind of fence produces spectral images

if you have parallel chain link fences say on opposite sides of an overpass

and view thru both from the side

you get spectral images of the diamond shape only larger and floating

Anonymous said...

Wow, Patti! You are a woman of many talents. I didn't know you wrote poetry too. Very nice!

JUST ME said...

Patti,

Love the graveyard pic as well. GREAT WORDS posted. Not sure if I ever told you or have ever written about this, but I am big time into the paranormal. Something about ghosts and spirits. No I don't play the ouiji board, but I had an experience a while ago that really got me into believing that sometimes spirits stay behind because of different reasons.

Glad you got the package and am happy you liked the stuff. I can send you more if you can use it. I enjoy sharing and since I know you enjoy creating and my creating has kind of stopped since I moved here Id rather have someone use it then just have it all packed up.

Take care girl and don't work to hard.

Angie

Polka Dot Moon said...

Wow Patti!!
You gave me goosebumps!! Your creativity is amazing.

And....I do wish we lived closer!! We'd definitely dish about The Bachelor and I love how your and your friends love cardmaking!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked them all,l especially that last one.

Anonymous said...

.."Awaken to the possibilities_
a candle flickers" - r favs..many thanks..

SandyCarlson said...

All the possibilities--we cannot grasp them. Well done; thanks.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

"face at the window
curtains stir without a breeze
is this in my mind?"


I really enjoy the ride, it was like that old tv show, "the dark side always present, but not as brightly lite" ...

You took me there ... thank you.

Relyn Lawson said...

This is my favorite.

a candle flickers
lonely image in my mind
shadows on my heart


You've painted a thousand pictures with these lines.

Jukota said...

I liked 'how will I know it's you?'
It really makes you wonder!

Jukota said...

I liked, "how will I know it's you?" It really makes you wonder!

A Romantic Porch said...

Your poetry amazes me! You are very talented. xo rachel

Michelle said...

Oh Patti now you know me and the paranormal. This is probably one of my favorite posts so far! I absolutely love your poetry in this post. So haunting and yet so beautiful.

Jacqueline Dove said...

Night falls all around
windy clouds scud past the moon
anticipation

And my anticipation was not disappointed. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i dont think you should feel out of the league. this is all very good! i find the subject fascinating as well. thanks for sharing.

Tammy Brierly said...

I really enjoyed my visit. I have felt all this at one time making me wonder.

Jim said...

Patti, I've been in that house! It was just as you described. It was especially scary when you are collecting some things.
"Who are you now?" You are sooooo talented, this is one I would liked to have thought of. I just feel like this sometimes myself after you pin it down in black and white.
..
Sorry I'm so late in getting back to here. Lots of 'excuses,' mostly my Iowa sister's visit. They made it safely back without the warnings of death on the roads of my post.
..

Susan Tuttle said...

such a beautiful linking of poetry and photographs.

xo

Sugar Bear said...

You have the gift of the written word!
Karla

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Enjoyed the photo and word adventure! I too am sparked at times by the mystery of life which you wrote about and photographed so wonderfully! Many Joys! Katie

Linda Jacobs said...

Wow, you really took off with this prompt! I loved reading all of them. The haiku sequence at the beginning is fantastic!

Kathie Brown said...

You certainly took this prompt and ran with it! Lots of good images here. The words seemed to tumble out of you!