Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the horrific murders that made national headlines last year at the Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park, IL. So far- the murderer has not been caught. This store is 10 minutes from my house and I pass it twice a day or more on my way to school and home and often when I go other places. This could have happened anywhere to anybody. This morning, once again the parking lot in front of the store was filled with news vans reporting from the scene. Once again, it is an opportunity to remember the victims and the loved ones they left behind. Every day as I go past this site, I remember:Jennifer L. Bishop, 34, of South Bend, Connie R. Woolfolk, 37, of Flossmoor, Ill.Sarah T. Szafranski, 22, of Oak Forest, Ill.Carrie A. Chiuso, 33, of Frankfort, Ill.Rhoda McFarland, 42, of Joliet, Ill.
Please take just a moment and remember them too.
6 comments:
thank you for this !!
Thanks, Patti. I was unaware of this anniversary, but it is important to keep the families of these women in our prayers.
Oh, Patti, I am remembering them. So sad.News in one's own neighborhood is hard to handle. Hugs around you.
Thank you for your visit to my blog. (I, too, wrote about a time to remember on my poem "Lockdown"; which is the post before the current one.)
Hey Patti. Thanks for your comment today. I want to ask you a few questions! Sorry to use this comment area to pass this along, but I didn't know how else to send these. I would like to know:
1. What is your occupation right now?
2. What color are your socks right now?
3. What are you listening to right now?
4. What was the last thing you ate?
5. Can you drive stick shift?
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
8. How old are you today?
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on tv?
10. What is your favorite drink?
11. Have you ever colored my hair?
12. Favorite food?
13. What was the last movie you watched?
14. Favorite day of the year?
15. How do you vent anger?
16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
17. What is your favorite season?
18. Cherries or blueberries?
19. Living arrangements?
20. When was the last time you cried?
21. What is on the floor of your closet?
22. What did you do last night?
23. What are you most afraid of?
24. Plain,cheese,or spicy hamburgers?
25. Favorite dog breed?
26. Favorite day of the week?
27. Diamonds or pearls?
28. what is your fave flower?
Patti - sorry about the "alleycat" signature with my last comment. That is my daughter. I obviously have a profile glitch I need to work out.
Shar
Wow....how terrible. :( I had not heard about this (sometimes I purposely don't watch the news because of such sad news). I always wonder why innocent people have to die like this. :( This must have hit close to home for you. My heart goes out to all their families.
Post a Comment