
"You are always in my thoughts. When you were little, I knew your whereabouts at any given moment. Now that you are...off on your own, I still always know where you are, because I keep you in my heart." — Elizabeth Berg
Molly left for her Snowball retreat Thursday after school and is due back this afternoon (Sat.). Of course she's been gone this long before, but we always have been able to either talk or text her. This time she had to leave her phone at home! It's such a weird feeling to be cut off from her like this. I know she's having a great time and all and really enjoying herself (at least I hope she is) but I am excited to have her home again and be able to know I am able to talk to her when I want to. Even though Snowball is kind of a rite of passage in high school, this is somewhat of a rite of passage for me as well. It's giving me a taste of another side of her growing up. I don't know if I like this...like I even have a choice. It's hard to let your child " go" even if it is only for 3 days. I miss her!
6 comments:
now that new banner screams SPRING...and if mother nature listens, we'll all be really thankful !!!
and letting them go is NEVER easy !!!
I can hardly go a day without speaking to my 21 year old and she's just 15 minutes away....in college...on her own....but I still like to keep tabs on her !
Oh my! I hope she has fun! It is so bittersweet to watch your kids grow up in to adults! xo rachel
Growing up...ah motherhood is a heartfelt roller coaster of emotion!
So happy you have one another!
I dont' have children so I don't know what it's like....but I'm sure it's very emotional for you. Heck I even hate leaving my cats! I know it's not the same. :( She will be back soon. :)
Oh, yes it is hard. Sloane is heading to Texas with my parents at the end of this week. She'll leave at 8:00 on Thursday and won't be back till Sunday night. I think this type of adventure is important for young ones. Still, I will miss her. I miss her already.
Oh my I'm getting teary just thinking about it! Time goes so quickly, I can't imagine my two being that age yet!!!
(Are you tuning in tonight?? My parents left this morning and we are all a bit sad, so I'm looking forward to watching my show!)
Post a Comment