Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One Single Impression- Slowly

The prompt over at One Single Impression this week is "slowly"

Thoughts Upon Waking

Slowly open eyes
looking around at the day
glad I am still here

*************************************************

Slowly

Not a concept here
too rushed, too much to process
when will life slow down?

********************************************

I hate this time of year
Too many deadlines
and things that HAVE to be done
everythinggoesbytooquicklyandinarushwithbarelyevenaspaceorpausebetweentobreathe
soon
it will be better
and I can u~n~w~i~n~d
unfurl my brain and emotions
and get a grasp on life once again
and the pace of my life will
move more familiarly
and slowly

**********************************************************

neglected stray soul
we all loved her sight unseen
slowly she trusts us













8 comments:

beth said...

"glad I'm still here"....is all that we need to be reminded of sometimes !! :)

Relyn Lawson said...

Brave again, dear one. Brave. And TALENTED.

Michelle said...

Awwwww...is this a dog you adopted? She looks so sweet. I volunteer at PAWS, a cat adoption team right up the way from me. I want to take them all home...and those that are still scared I try so hard to be friends with them. It takes time...and a lot of trust but eventually it is so rewarding in the end. :)

Michelle said...

By the way, congrats on your awards!!

Kilauea Poetry said...

I hope everything does unwind for you..it's hectic & tax time is here..stressful. Is the neglected stray a kitty? -Nice

SandyCarlson said...

I love the reflection on the stray pup you have let into your heart.

Anonymous said...

.."neglected stray soul"..a friend finds a friend..many thanks for sharing this..

Susan Tuttle said...

i love the word slow...

and the word lugubrious.

here's to slowness

xo